Military people I need your help

Options
13»

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I graduated from Marine Corps OCS this past summer. To be blunt, it completed sucked in every way imaginable...but you build a strong cohesion with your fellow candidates in your platoon...After the third week, your all essentially just trying to survive together. You're gonna be sick, sleep deprived, hungry, exhausted, injured, dirty, dehumanized, and mentally fatigued to the point where simple questions confuse the **** out of you; on a daily basis.

I felt every damn minute of those 10 weeks, and I hope to never have to revisit MCB Quantico for the rest of my life.

However, looking back on it now, it's laughable. Just don't ever quit on yourself...and don't be a blue falcon.

Edit: I completely forgot to answer your original question.

Train your *kitten* off now, because regardless of how much of a PT stud you are...You'll be draggin'.

Also, get used to running and find a way to enjoy it. If you're training is/was anything like mine...You'll be running 5 miles up and down mountain trails in boots and utes after the first few weeks.

Semper Gumby.

Congratulations. I have a lot of respect for Marine officers. I did my Field Artillery Officer Basic Course with two Marine lieutenants and they were among the most impressive officers I ever met.

A female going into the Navy as a recruit is going to face a completely different set of stresses than you and I did. For one, there's no need to train those folks to that level of fitness and the PT program reflects that. If the cadre tried to do that, they'd get bslapped. Second, if they did put those kinds of stresses female recruits, their dropout rate would skyrocket and that would bring all sorts of very official heat on them.

"You're gonna be sick, sleep deprived, hungry, exhausted, injured, dirty, dehumanized, and mentally fatigued to the point where simple questions confuse the **** out of you; on a daily basis." Sounds like "good training" to me! :-)

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I chose not to accept the commission at the end of the course...I just decided that although I made it and didn't get dropped, it just wasn't something my heart was in for the right reasons. I have to much respect for the Corps and the armed forces in general to let myself just 'go through the motions' for 4 years.

Anyway, the female platoon suffered the worst attrition. I think they started with 63 and ended up with less than 20...Those ones who made it were the real deal though, they did everything right along with us...The only thing that was modified was their PFT requirements.

I haven't a clue what Navy training is all about so I figured my story could serve as a nice 'worst case scenario', hahah. I remember the corpsman as being the only 'good guy' we could rely on.