when and how often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Whenever I remember in the morning which isn't very often these days. I always try to right after my morning bathroom break ;) but I always forget.. :(

So, about once or twice a week in the morning!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    As with everything else weight loss related, no one thing works for everyone. Do what works for you.
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but I only record the weight once a week. I feel as though this is a way for me to learn my body a little better with the fluctuations...and also motivates me to keep up the hard work and sometimes work harder.

Also, I have learned from my own past experience, when I weigh myself less....I quickly fall out of the habit of weighing myself and that is DISASTER for me because I lose track and focus....and start to regain the weight!!
  • need2lose51
    Options
    I weigh in once a week when I attend my weight loss group. I also wear the same clothes every week so I know the result is "true".

Over the years I have learned that weighing more often is detrimental. If I weigh in often and I'm down, I'll sometimes allow myself "something extra". If I'm up I get discouraged and eat because "what the heck, it's not working anyway". My weight fluctuates from day to day and if at some point it looks like I'm down and then weigh up at my meeting, I feel really down and have a hard time starting a new week on a positive note.

That said - do what you're comfortable with.
  • happydede1
    happydede1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just weigh myself in the morning once a week. Usually Saturday or Sunday morning. I just want to make sure that my weight is staying the same or going down. Keeps me on track!

I also get weighed when I am at my personal trainer. However, its at the end of the day, once per week with clothing and shoes on.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    every 4 days, i dont know why, but i feel like after 4 days of kicking butt you should have lost atleast .5 a pound to be excited about.
  • mudya
    mudya Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My scales are at home, and I'm currently at university. So I weigh myself when I visit home. I could buy new scales but I really don't want to waste money when I know I will eventually weigh myself :P
  • nikki46vsgjourney
    nikki46vsgjourney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every day! If I don't I will not care and then there goes that cycle.:smile:
  • castielsangelx
    Options
    Sunday mornings. Right after I go to the bathroom. :)
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    wow! i really don't understand why someone would weigh EVERY day sometimes more. It seems pointless and how can you really measure any victories that way? when i was diligently trying to lose weight, i weighed-in every monday morning at the same time in my undies. now that i am more maintaining my weight, i do it every other monday. if it goes up i know to scale down on the calories and if it goes down... well, that's alright with me :wink:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    pretty much every morning. i like to see the fluctuations. i'm a little bit of a data junkie.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I usually like to see how I weigh in after a big dump. Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every day and write it on a calendar in my bathroom....

I add mine to the food notes each day.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every day and write it on a calendar in my bathroom....

I add mine to the food notes each day.
    You could always just record it with Check-In, then you would be able to see a list of dates and the different weights.
  • nichole9937
    Options
    I don't own a scale! So I weigh in once a week at the gym!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after my work out and before my shower. I only log my weight on Saturdays, but it keeps me accountable and I don't obsess over the numbers.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays, first thing in the morning, naked after using the toilet.

Sometimes when I'm at the gym I'll hop on that scale out of curiosity, but I never log that number.
    I'm exactly the same:bigsmile: