Women after kids/weight bra size question

So, for those of you who have had kids and nursed them... did your boobs go back to their original size after you lost weight?
My youngest is 8 years old so I have been overweight for awhile! But,
Before kids I was a 34 B and now that I have lost half the weight I am a 34 DD (wtf?)
I have 30 more pounds to go...

Replies

• Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    I have had 4 babies....and I was a B/C before babies and was up to a D/DD when bf'ing...I didnt take breaks between my kids, so I pretty much had nearly a decade of it and miraculously I'm back to my regular size and shape (no kidding) now that I'm finished.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    I nursed 4 kids and I am back to my normal size, however I do need a good bra with some lift! ~Jessica:smile:
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    I had 4 kids and seen my size go from 38 C to 44 C. Now I'm 34B/C. Definitely need some lift but working on doing more chest strengthening to help them back to perky?? :blushing:
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    I was a B before nursing my children and I'm now a D. I'm not thrilled about it, but I wouldn't change it for the world. :smile:
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    I think I am one of those women whose breast did NOT get bigger with pregnancy. I stayed in my 38 D through the whole pregnancy and then through breastfeeding also. I definitely need a bra with "lift", but I have a feeling I will be one of those women, that once I lose weight, I'm going to have to go down a size in bras, and honestly that sucks!
  • OK, so I guess the 30 pounds left will come from all over! Truthfully, part of me was hoping that might be a little added bonus for all that kid rearing :-) slightly bigger boobs! haha
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    So, for those of you who have had kids and nursed them... did your boobs go back to their original size after you lost weight?
    My youngest is 8 years old so I have been overweight for awhile! But,
    Before kids I was a 34 B and now that I have lost half the weight I am a 34 DD (wtf?)
    I have 30 more pounds to go...

Mine went up and stayed up. I lost all my weight within six months (I was 17, so that helped!) but I went up almost two cup sizes, and I was already a C.

I have a friend, though, whose boobs got smaller after breastfeeding.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Pregnancy is what changes your breasts, not breastfeeding. That said, I birthed 2 children and nursed for over 3 years straight and mine went right back to normal size. My sister also had 2 babies, and nursed each of her kids around 9 months with a break in between, and hers are still much larger than they were pre-pregnancy. It really depends on the person.
  • My sister-in-law went from a 32 B to a 34DD after she had her son and she did not nurse. It is different with everyone. If you need help with bra sizing...Frederick's of Hollywood does very very acurate measuring for free! :)
  • Mmmary212
    I had 4 kids and seen my size go from 38 C to 44 C. Now I'm 34B/C. Definitely need some lift but working on doing more chest strengthening to help them back to perky?? :blushing:

actually I've read and experienced for myself, that an increase in fat in your diet helps. I eat a TON of fat. If the breast itself is lacking in perk, it's probably not because of the muscle, its the breast tissue....
  • Mmmary212
    Pregnancy is what changes your breasts, not breastfeeding.

How's this true? Just curious cause pregnancy didnt do anything for mine, it's all from the breastfeeding...
  • I nursed my daughter for 16 months, and my bra size did not go back to pre-baby size (34C). I am currently a 40D and I hate it. I am hoping after weight loss that I can get back to regular size, but they will never be the same :(
  • ajbeans

How's this true? Just curious cause pregnancy didnt do anything for mine, it's all from the breastfeeding...

It's true because it's true. You can Google it. How could you know it was all from the breastfeeding and not from pregnancy? I'm assuming you breastfed right after being pregnant, so it's not like you had time to check 'em out and see what they were going to be like after the pregnancy.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    I nursed 4 kids and I am back to my normal size, however I do need a good bra with some lift! ~Jessica:smile:
    this! but i didnt nurse 4, i just did 2 and it was for a few months before going to formula.
  • I had 4 kids and seen my size go from 38 C to 44 C. Now I'm 34B/C. Definitely need some lift but working on doing more chest strengthening to help them back to perky?? :blushing:

actually I've read and experienced for myself, that an increase in fat in your diet helps. I eat a TON of fat. If the breast itself is lacking in perk, it's probably not because of the muscle, its the breast tissue....

oh had never heard that about fat!! i eat a ton too! not afraid! helps me lose weight! I am eating chicken with skin as I write! Let's hope it helps "the girls" :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Before children I was a 30G, when pregnant/BF first time I was a 32J, dropped to a 32H after a year. Stayed about the same size throughout second pregnancy, and again for about a year after. Was a 32G after 2 years, 30G after 3 years. My youngest son is now 4 and I am a 28F. So it took me 3 years to go back to my old size, but they have now deflated further.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    probably not IMMEDIATELY but eventually after breast feeding your breasts will return to their 'normal' size. Wear good bras - wear them all the time, even for sleeping. This will minimize sagging- trust me- you WANT to do this - even I don't like looking at my aging, sagging breasts ... I used to have a 'great rack' (been told so by bikers so u know it's true) now it's just sad =\
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    I was a perky 42H before getting pregnant and I nursed my daughter for 4 weeks after delivery. Now she is 16 months old. I am a 36 DD and have lost 31 pounds and my boobs are still perky now. I hope you all have luck with getting back to what you want them to be. It definitely depends on the elasticity of your skin.
  • Mmmary212

It's true because it's true. You can Google it. How could you know it was all from the breastfeeding and not from pregnancy? I'm assuming you breastfed right after being pregnant, so it's not like you had time to check 'em out and see what they were going to be like after the pregnancy.

I ask because my boobs changed because of breastfeeding...the dramatic change in size from the milk coming in...and when it's all over, they're kinda 'deflated' and people I know who did not breastfeed, their boobs are just as they were before, no changes (besides the slight growth, but nothing anywhere close to the 'wear and tear' of breastfeeding). So to say it's from pregnancy and not breastfeeding makes no sense to me. 'Tis all.
  • ajbeans

I ask because my boobs changed because of breastfeeding...the dramatic change in size from the milk coming in...and when it's all over, they're kinda 'deflated' and people I know who did not breastfeed, their boobs are just as they were before, no changes (besides the slight growth, but nothing anywhere close to the 'wear and tear' of breastfeeding). So to say it's from pregnancy and not breastfeeding makes no sense to me. 'Tis all.

Unfortunately, that's probably more due to genes than breastfeeding. Like I said in my earlier post, mine are exactly the same as they were before having babies, and I nursed for 3 years straight. Some women's breasts are completely changed after pregnancy, and some aren't. It's just the genes. :-/