Android users-Does anyone use any other apps alongside MFP?

Options
The reason I ask is because I have used Adidas's app alongside this one and I'm not sure who's calorie loss reporting is more accurate. I'm inclined to go with Adidas, but I'm just not sure. Also, I've tried the pedometers for Android and most of them are fairly awful. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking you should probably get a heart rate monitor if you can afford it. Honestly I haven't bought one, but I think MFP is accurate enough. I think it estimates calories burned based on average workouts for people in your weight range. If you are pushing yourself and entering the true time as far as workout duration is concerned, you'll see progress.
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    my only wish is that they make the android app for MFP better. Something close to the facebook apps. I love this site and would probably be on here more if the app was better.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If you want a stepometer then go buy one at walgreens for like $5 to $10... They work better because they aren't phones trying to do things they aren't supposed to do. If you are so concerned about proper number of calories burned then yes, get a HRM.
  • jimjam3782
    jimjam3782 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay, cool. Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely pick up a HRM and maybe a stepometer when I get some cash.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I use Jefit for strength training but not for calorie counting.

If you get an HRM, make sure to get one with a chest strap as those are most accurate.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    For the most accurate calories burn during exercise go with and HRM with a chest strap. I started using a BodyMedia Fit a couple weeks ago and so far love it.
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper to track my outside workouts... such as walk or runs, considering fitbit but really not in the mood to buy some more hardware LOL
  • garyjwood
    Options
    Check out RunKeeper (www.runkeeper.com), free registration and a pretty good Android app. It uses your phone's GPS to track distance for outdoor activities, and can synch with a Bluetooth or Polar brand HRM (about $80) for more accurate calorie counting.

You can also upload tracklogs directly from Garmin fitness devices.