Holiday/Wedding Setback... Help me if you can!

Options
Ok so last week I did alright on Thanksgiving. I was over some but not huge. Then I had my wedding on Saturday and was stressed on Friday and Saturday because of it and so I didn't get to eat breakfast which messed me up but wasn't too far over, then on top of that I traveled back home (13 hours) on Monday driving the whole way. So Tuesday I weigh in and I'm up 4 lbs within 4 days!!! I've been back at it strictly and exercising since and I'm only down 1 lb today??? I was down 2 lbs yesterday! I thought some of it was water weight, but it would have come off already if it had been right? I'm so discouraged. I feel like I'm on the roller coaster again which is when I would quit before because I didn't seem to making any progress. I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but it helps me keep my focus. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I ever seem to breakthrough this stupid cycle? Help! I'm drowning in a sea of my own weight :(

Replies

• kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Unless you go seriously over, you arent going to gain 4 lbs of fat that quickly. Up your water intake and watch your sodium and it should come back off in a couple of days. Don't get impatient! You didn't get hear overnight, and you aren't going to lose it overnight either.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    As I know first hand, driving long distances can add some weight and it's all water weight but it doesn't always go away incredibly fast, previous poster was right, keep your water up and be patient.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Girl you just got married! enjoy yourself a little! Even if you are not on a honeymoon right now... enjoy at least the rest of the week for yourself and your new husband.... You can diet and work out for the rest of your life, but getting married is special! Time to Celebrate!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    You need to seriously stop weighing yourself daily or several times... you are contributing to your own mental chaos...and its not worth it....

Like the other poster mentioned, keep up with your water intake, as usual watch the sodium-soaked foods, etc.

Good meal planning, hydration and exercise is what you should be doing every day - not checking the scale...
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    And CONGRATULATIONS
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Girl you just got married! enjoy yourself a little! Even if you are not on a honeymoon right now... enjoy at least the rest of the week for yourself and your new husband.... You can diet and work out for the rest of your life, but getting married is special! Time to Celebrate!

^^this^^

Congratulations!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Situations like this seem to create their own (seemingly endless) cycle of stress.... just relax a bit, get back on track without trying to catch up, it'll come off. and YES, take time to enjoy yourself!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Don't stress about it. Remember, weight loss is not linear; the graph looks like some kind of shaky EKG instead of a nice straight line going down! You had a few days where your eating wasn't quite right, you had the stress of the wedding, you could have had too much salt somewhere along the way, etc. Just get back into your healthy routine and it will come back off. You can't let every little setback get you down. I'm betting that with just a few days of the right stuff happening, the 4 will come back off. And remember, it doesn't come off as easily as it goes on--if it did, we'd all be thin! :happy:
  • cyndy1214
    cyndy1214 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate up or down up to 2lbs a day. Wait a couple of days or even a week. The weight will come off as you continue to work at it. You are doing a great job....Keep it up and congrats again on the marriage.
  • patience842003
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate up or down up to 2lbs a day. Wait a couple of days or even a week. The weight will come off as you continue to work at it. You are doing a great job....Keep it up and congrats again on the marriage.

Thanks Cyndy! Wish you could have come! I'm so glad Jessie came :-)