Mini Goals

Options
I've always thought of the amount of weight I want to loss as one big goal... about 60 pounds.

I had an epiphany today. I saw some new MFP members that only had 10 or 15 pounds to lose and I thought "Boy, that must be easy. I have so much more to lose :grumble: and I get discouraged easy... this is going to take me FOREVER." But then I wondered... why don't I set mini goals of 10 pounds for myself and stop focusing on the end number? Duh! LOL. So... that's what I'm gonna do. Just focus on getting to the next "decade" instead of focusing on 60 pounds from now.

Wish me luck :)

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I've always thought of the amount of weight I want to loss as one big goal... about 60 pounds.

I had an epiphany today. I saw some new MFP members that only had 10 or 15 pounds to lose and I thought "Boy, that must be easy. I have so much more to lose :grumble: and I get discouraged easy... this is going to take me FOREVER." But then I wondered... why don't I set mini goals of 10 pounds for myself and stop focusing on the end number? Duh! LOL. So... that's what I'm gonna do. Just focus on getting to the next "decade" instead of focusing on 60 pounds from now.

Wish me luck :)
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Same here- my ultimate goal is to lose 65 pounds, but to do that safely and keep it off is so far away, it can be discouraging. But to work toward something that I can do in a short space is a good boost and spurs me to keep going.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa I am going to do that too. Ten pounds at a time. Immediatly I am half way there. Talk about encouragment! Thanks for sharing
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    your right mimi goals are the best I have about the same so will do this together one pd. at a time :blushing: