Who wants to 30 day shred

Options
Hello my name is Amanda and I'm doing 30 day shred and looking for some motivational friends to vent to about the pain I feel.(haha)
I am looking to lose an overall goal of 30 pounds but before Christmas would like to have 10 to 15 pounds off. Its going to be hard and I'm already feeling the burn. today is day 3 and I'm having a hard time feeling like I can do it because my muscles are so sore. is it normal to feel this much pain? should I continue on even with sore muscles? And I know Jillians 30 day shred is an effective workout but is it enough to lose the weight I want?

I am new to fitness and I would love to learn more about other peoples successes and what works most effective.

Thanks....

Replies

• sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am just starting today but I will gladly do it with you. I actually just bought that dvd recently. I would like to lose a total of 60 lbs but I need someone to hold me accountable to sticking to a work out.
  • Karlaki
    Options
    I started the shred yesterday. 2 days down, 28 to go. :)
  • rochey1098
    Options
    Are you taking rest days? I think that workout is supposed to be alternated with pure cardio days
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 10 and from what I hear from most people, it doesn't usually bring on a huge amount of weight loss - it does take off inches though (I'm already one belt size smaller). I was super sore on day 3 but worked out anyway (and just did the best I could), but day 4 I was fine. So far, I haven't taken a day off but I'm not opposed to it. I've heard mixed feedback on days off so am basically just going to listen to my body - if it wants a day off, it will get it. I'm trying to lose a few inches for a cruise in a couple of weeks. For the most part, I'm enjoying it. Its tough, especially level 2, but I feel like I've done something despite only working out for 30 minutes (I add in at least 5 extra minutes of stretching - she flies through it way too fast and I know that I need more).
  • tashatashae
    tashatashae Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    where did you get the video?