should I include this?

Options
I put down that I have a sedentary lifestyle. Should I then put into my exercise diary the five or so miles I walk per week (just to uni and work and such- normal walking, not powerwalking), or should I leave these out entirely?

Replies

• TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I put down that I have a sedentary lifestyle. Should I then put into my exercise diary the five or so miles I walk per week (just to uni and work and such- normal walking, not powerwalking), or should I leave these out entirely?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

is that part of your daily activity prior to you deciding to lose weight? If your answer is yes then don't add that as being part of your exercise?
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Thanks. I'm trying to walk more often now, rather than catching a bus. But I'll leave it out. I was discussing with a friend who thinks it qualifies, whereas I think that I should only really count exercise that gets my heart and lungs really working.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    If you do that much walking every day, you should put your activity level as higher than sedentary...at least lightly active or active...and then don't include it as part of your exercise...
  • TudorRose
    Options
    I'm not really all that active besides that though. I'm an final year English student, which involves a LOT of sitting at a desk. I just live a way off-campus. Meh, burning some unaccounted calories won't hurt at all. Thanks guys :)