Diet Pills?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Crack is cheaper. My guy is good I can hook you up.
  • littlebr0peep
    littlebr0peep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take Jillian Michaels pills or whatever. I take half of the amount of them. They work for me, may work for you too. good luck dearest.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    The problem is that both the US and Canadian governments don't have any solid, scientific clinical research to back up their claims. The main reason ephedrine sales are restricted is to reduce the produce of crystal meth, not because there's actually any scientific evidence that ephedrine is harmful for healthy individuals.
    Here's a RAND study carried out for the National Institutes of Health on the efficacy and safety of ephedrine: " Safety assessment

RAND reviewed adverse events reported in 52 published randomized controlled clinical trials. No serious adverse events (death, myocardial infarction, cerebrovascular/stroke events, seizure, or serious psychiatric events) were reported in the clinical trials. However, evidence from the trials was sufficient to support the conclusion that the use of ephedrine, ephedrine plus caffeine, or ephedra plus caffeine is associated with 2-3 times the risk of nausea, vomiting, psychiatric symptoms such as anxiety and change in mood, autonomic hyperactivity, and palpitations. The contribution of caffeine to these symptoms cannot be determined.

RAND also reviewed 71 cases reported in the published medical literature, 1820 case reports provided by FDA, and more than 18,000 consumer complaints reported to a manufacturer of ephedra-containing dietary supplements. Most of the cases were not well documented so decisions could not be made about the potential relationship between the use of ephedra-containing dietary supplements or ephedrine and the adverse event. A total of 65 cases from the published literature, 241 cases from FDA, and 43 cases from a manufacturer of ephedra-containing dietary supplements were included in the adverse event analysis.

Sentinel events with prior ephedra consumption included 2 deaths, 3 myocardial infarctions, 9 cerebrovascular/stroke events, 3 seizures, and 5 psychiatric cases. Sentinel events with prior ephedrine consumption included 3 deaths, 2 myocardial infarctions, 2 cerebrovascular/stroke events, 1 seizure, and 3 psychiatric cases. About half of the sentinel events occurred in individuals 30 years of age or younger. An additional 43 cases were identified as possible sentinel events with prior ephedra consumption and an additional 7 cases were identified as possible sentinel events with prior ephedrine consumption."

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/ephedraandephedrine/

As you can see, even the NIH concludes there's not much evidence for the causation of adverse events with ephedrine....

It is restricted for sale in Canada, and is not authorized to be sold for use as a weightloss supplement. From what I understand it can only be sold as an oral nasal decongestant.
    Health Canada warns against use as a weight loss supplement. I am gonna stick with them.
    http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2008/2008_41-eng.php
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    double
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Actually, it's illegal in order to pad the pockets of big pharma, they can't patent it, so they went after it. But it's hard to get in any real potency anymore. I ordered some a few years back and it was weaksauce. I knew by the taste that it was crap. Potent ephedra, made from the roots and not the leaves (watch out if it's just from the leaves, it can raise your blood pressure!) tastes absolutely awful, incredibly strong and bitter. This stuff had almost no taste at all.

Again, if you order ephedra, make sure it's mostly from the root of the plant, if it's just leaves (usually labeled the aerial part of the plant), it can raise your blood pressure, even if you don't have blood pressure problems. Also, don't bother with the Mormon tea version, it's very weak. What you want is Ma Huang.
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Or just get the OTC asthma medication - it's less potent but you can adjust accordingly and it's 100% legal. Anything that says Ephedra extract is usually crap....
    Actually, it's illegal to pad the pockets of big pharma, they can't patent it, so they went after it. But it's hard to get in any real potency anymore. I ordered some a few years back and it was weaksauce. I knew by the taste that it was crap. Potent ephedra, made from the roots and not the leaves (watch out if it's just from the leaves, it can raise your blood pressure!) tastes absolutely awful, incredibly strong and bitter. This stuff had almost no taste at all.

Again, if you order ephedra, make sure it's mostly from the root of the plant, if it's just leaves, it can raise your blood pressure, even if you don't have blood pressure problems.
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Or just get the OTC asthma medication - it's less potent but you can adjust accordingly and it's 100% legal. Anything that says Ephedra extract is usually crap....
    Actually, it's illegal to pad the pockets of big pharma, they can't patent it, so they went after it. But it's hard to get in any real potency anymore. I ordered some a few years back and it was weaksauce. I knew by the taste that it was crap. Potent ephedra, made from the roots and not the leaves (watch out if it's just from the leaves, it can raise your blood pressure!) tastes absolutely awful, incredibly strong and bitter. This stuff had almost no taste at all.

Again, if you order ephedra, make sure it's mostly from the root of the plant, if it's just leaves, it can raise your blood pressure, even if you don't have blood pressure problems.

Drat, you quoted me before my edit. Oh well. No on the asthma stuff, at least for me, I like my drugs natural. Which ephedra was and is.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Ephedrine does work - it's the most studied weight loss drug EVER. And you can get it legally and for half the price of the less effective popular branded diet pills - if you're smart enough to know how, both in the US and in Canada.
    stay the hell away from ephedrine. that *kitten* will kill you.
    you know what works well- eating good, and exercise..
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Ephedrine does work - it's the most studied weight loss drug EVER. And you can get it legally and for half the price of the less effective popular branded diet pills - if you're smart enough to know how, both in the US and in Canada.

You do know that ephedra has killed only a handful of people, who were using it in extreme amounts, in extreme heat or while way overdoing exercise, right? And also that more people die every year from acetaminophen use than have ever died from ephedra?

If ephedra could kill you, even after long term use, I'd have been dead a decade ago. However, you can develop a tolerance to it so that it doesn't work anymore in safe amounts and once that happens, you probably will gain the weight back. It's not a sustainable solution at all. But it's certainly less dangerous than prescription diet pills like oh...I don't know...Phen phen?
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Yeah no one looks at the clinical studies.... the NIH found 52 clinical studies with 0 serious adverse events.... this was a US government sponsored review... they even found the FDA reports that were used to ban ephedra to be inconclusive.

You do know that ephedra has killed only a handful of people, who were using it in extreme amounts, in extreme heat or while way overdoing exercise, right? And also that more people die every year from acetaminophen use than have ever died from ephedra?

If ephedra could kill you, even after long term use, I'd have been dead a decade ago. However, you can develop a tolerance to it so that it doesn't work anymore in safe amounts and once that happens, you probably will gain the weight back. It's not a sustainable solution at all. But it's certainly less dangerous than prescription diet pills like oh...I don't know...Phen phen?
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

do you even know what ephedrine does?? probably not.... keep taking your pills
  • gashinshotan
    Options
    Did you even read the National Institutes of Health review I posted on the first page? 52 clinical studies - 0 adverse events. Now where is the evidence that ephedrine kills?

• MaraDiaz
    Options

I would during allergy season if I could get a reliable and legal supply, believe me. Do you know what is in allergy medicine? Ephedrine, the doctored up, patented-so-pharma Co-can-make-money-off-it, less safe, less effective, and far nastier version of natural ephedra!

(Oh, and meth heads can STILL make meth out of cold and allergy medicines, so banning ephedra didn't even stop them. It was just a big money grab for people who already have too much money to start with.)
  • KassiStGeorge
    Options
    I hear meth works wonders.

great, the secret's out now

That's what I thought to haha