Beautiful hike

Options
Okay, so I decided that I wanted to do a hike today and I just got up and did it! It was awesome. I went to Multnomah Falls which is the tallest water fall in the state of Oregon...and there are a TON of waterfalls here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multnomah_Falls Anyway, it's 1.2 miles to the top and you have to go up switchbacks at a constant incline nearly the whole way. The scenery is surreal. It overlooks the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. I worked my booty off and was even sweating in the freezing weather. I haven't hiked to the top in almost 5 years and I'm glad I did! I have no idea how many calories I burned but I'm sure it was a lot! I added pictures to my profile if you guys want to see how pretty it is here. Ahhh...Get out and go for a hike when you're bored with your usual routine! Just thought I'd share...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I decided that I wanted to do a hike today and I just got up and did it! It was awesome. I went to Multnomah Falls which is the tallest water fall in the state of Oregon...and there are a TON of waterfalls here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multnomah_Falls Anyway, it's 1.2 miles to the top and you have to go up switchbacks at a constant incline nearly the whole way. The scenery is surreal. It overlooks the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. I worked my booty off and was even sweating in the freezing weather. I haven't hiked to the top in almost 5 years and I'm glad I did! I have no idea how many calories I burned but I'm sure it was a lot! I added pictures to my profile if you guys want to see how pretty it is here. Ahhh...Get out and go for a hike when you're bored with your usual routine! Just thought I'd share...:flowerforyou:
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    Good for YOU!!:happy: The best exersice comes when your having fun. I've done that hike and know that its straight up hill the whole way and yes indeed a hard work out. YOu should be very proud of yourself and consider yourself lucky for living in such a beautiful place!!
  • agapita1965
    Options
    :smile: Great job on the hike, good for you. I'm going to hike tomorrow and take my new f-6 hrm to see how many calories it is!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I guess I know where I am going to vacation this summer!!

I love to hike!:flowerforyou: