Working out 3 days a week

Options
2»

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    3x per week is plenty. Most people working out every day aren't putting 100% into their workouts.

Hit it hard, rest and recover.

Uh...no, that would not be true. I work out with a group of women that give 110% 6 days per week and I bet they'd run circles around you even on Friday. Even the 68 year old.

Working out 3 days is awesome and definitely way better than no days. However, most of the guidelines I have been reading reccomend 45-60 minutes of INTENSE exercise 5-6 days per week for the best results--that is as far as, calorie and fat burn, cholesterol lowering, age reversing, good sleep, etc.....

^^Wow....that came out a little harsh, didn't it!. Help it's the exercise police!!!!!!!!
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    3x per week is plenty. Most people working out every day aren't putting 100% into their workouts.

Hit it hard, rest and recover.

Uh...no, that would not be true. I work out with a group of women that give 110% 6 days per week and I bet they'd run circles around you even on Friday. Even the 68 year old.

Working out 3 days is awesome and definitely way better than no days. However, most of the guidelines I have been reading reccomend 45-60 minutes of INTENSE exercise 5-6 days per week for the best results--that is as far as, calorie and fat burn, cholesterol lowering, age reversing, good sleep, etc.....

^^Wow....that came out a little harsh, didn't it!. Help it's the exercise police!!!!!!!!

Maybe it was a little harsh, but I really didn't mean it to be an attack! His comment reminded me of a young fellow I used to train kickboxing with who thought it was "humanly impossible to drink a gallon of water every day" and I took his comment in that light --that he truly believed you could not work out hard more than 3 days per week.
  • sbb4406
    Options
    Or he could have just meant that your body can't perform optimally regardless of how much effort you're putting into your workouts because there was no time to recover... that's how I interpreted it anyway. lol

But anyway, if you're just trying to maintain and stay in shape then 3 days a week should be fine.