Inexpensive Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I am looking for an inexpensive (under $100) basic HRM, any suggestions?

Replies

• alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am looking for an inexpensive (under $100) basic HRM, any suggestions?
  • njksharp
    njksharp Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Walmart has them for like $50. Last time I checked, not the watch but the actual HRM. Hope that helps. I have also seen them at Target for $89.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    It sounds like the HRM of choice around here is the Polar F6. I couldn't afford one and was shopping around. I lucked out and found a Reebok one that originally $129.99 on sale for $39.99 at a Big 5. It looked like a nice one and I love it. Wal-Mart has some but the cheaper one version didn't count the calories so I didn't want it.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I got my timex ironman on e-bay for like $50 I think. Good luck.
  • fittuma
    Options
    I have a Polar (F6, I think), I really like it. I got it after originally buying one that was just the wrist piece. To measure my heart rate, I had to stop, push and hold a button on the watch, and wait. it never worked right. My advice is to make sure that you get one that has the chest strap, along with the watch. they are a little more costly, but i think they work much better. some of them can even transmit your HR to the treadmills and such at the gym, so you don't even have to look down at your wrist to see if you are at your target heart rate. good luck!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, and i have been researching online and now i am a little scared. Several reviews of different monitors say they are too small. I am on the heavy side so i am pretty big, anyone with the Polar F6 can you tell me if it will fit for a bigger person?