protein = weight loss...

Options
hello,
last time i dieted/got healthy; I increased my protein; I believe this was one of the keys. I believe the following helped me a bunch:
1. cardio w/ strength training
2. high fiber, high protein, low cal.
3. lots of water....

Anyone want to comment on how protein helped their weight loss? I am adding Muscle Milk LIght into my diet this week (probably right after my work out).

any thoughts?

THANKS! :)

Replies

• indigohope
    indigohope Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hello,
    last time i dieted/got healthy; I increased my protein; I believe this was one of the keys. I believe the following helped me a bunch:
    1. cardio w/ strength training
    2. high fiber, high protein, low cal.
    3. lots of water....

Anyone want to comment on how protein helped their weight loss? I am adding Muscle Milk LIght into my diet this week (probably right after my work out).

any thoughts?

THANKS! :)
  • marisa0918
    Options
    There are a lot of mixed feelings about protein on this bored. I am one of the ones who is for more protein, but I am also into weight training. I keep my macros at 50% 30% 20%. I usually drink 2 whey protein shakes a day....one after working out, and one for a snack. I started drinking them when I first started my fitness journey then quit for the holidays when I took a break on my diet, but now I am back to it and the shakes make me feel a lot better during the day. They give me energy and I'm fuller longer. Also I lost 30 pounds in 4 months the first time around and kept it off, so I am hoping for the same results this time :bigsmile:
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    I also increase my protein intake to loose weight. It is the only way my body lets go of the fat.

1) eat 20 grams soy protein per day plus 15-20g other lean protein sources
    2) increase fiber
    3) take vitamins, B-150, C-1000mg, Multi vitamin

I do not do the low carb thing I thank that is a waste of effort and time. Most people gain the weight back as soon as they stop. I just add my protein to my diet and it works for me.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm a protein maniac!

My ratio is about 50-30-20 too, though sometimes I'll switch it up for a day or two, just to give my body a wake-up call.