10 day juice fast

Options
dsckrc
dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
So I rented Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and the movie was so engaging that I completely convinced myself I had to try this juice fast. Granted, the main character did if for 60 days, but I thought I'd give it 10 days to see what would happen.

Will I suffer greatly through the first few days?
Will I feel and see the difference throughout my body in 4-6 days?
How much weight could I potentially lose?

Keep in mind, I would be consuming raw vegetables and fruits for 10 days. I hear that the body needs a cleansing every now and then and I've never done it. I look forward to it. I got my juicer and am researching online juice recipes now. I plan on starting Monday, January 2, 2012. Anyone that has had experience with this sort of thing, please tell... Oh, and I am not only doing this to lose more weight, I am doing it for the cleanse purpose and to hopefully incorporate more fruits and veggies into my now-lacking diet. Who knows, maybe I can replace 1 meal a day with a juice if all goes well!?

Replies

• DarkAngel525
    Options
    Im intrigued!
  • seaoftears
    seaoftears Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check out this movie.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    :cry:

20687_ORIG-cute_funny_juice_love_orange_orange_juice_747c6c94454a6022ce97b0bb8848cd3f_m.jpg

But seriously...your body does not need to "cleanse", it does that all on it's own...juice fasts are pointless.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options

20687_ORIG-cute_funny_juice_love_orange_orange_juice_747c6c94454a6022ce97b0bb8848cd3f_m.jpg

But seriously...your body does not need to "cleanse", it does that all on it's own...juice fasts are pointless.

Correct. Totally pointless.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Perhaps vegie juice is fine. Beware of the sugar in just one whole glass of fruit juice.....don't give yourself other issues (candida etc)
  • try2basunbeam
    Options
    I did a 10 day juice fast. The first 3 days were awful. I just wanted to eat. Then, it got so much better. I planned to go longer than 10 days but by 10, I wanted real food. And I ate it, and got the worst tummy ache ever! Make sure to ease back into it. I also lost 10lbs but gained them all back plus some in the following couple weeks. So, not fun, not good for weight loss, and SOOO not worth it, IMHO. My juicer has been in the basement for over a year. Shoot, you could have it. if you wanted it! lol I will NEVER do a juice fast again.
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    I do agree with the above that these fasts are pointless. Your body knows how to clean itself out. Start eating a balanced healthy diet full of fruits and veggies and your body will take care of the rest for you. You'll also be teaching yourself healthy habits as well. Good luck. :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    554dua.jpg
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lj412lNJHn1qf97v2.gif
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options

ROFL at the picture and I agree
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options

^^^This!
    We were meant to eat so EAT!
    You are at the end of your cut.
    Have you recalculated BMR, Maintenance calories?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

+1

Now if you had your kidneys and liver removed...aside from the fact that you'd be dead...THEN you would need to cleanse. Those nifty little organs are quite capable of doing their job. Just eat healthy foods and let them work.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it's a healthy plan. I don't think your body needs a cleanse.

But if you're going to try it, I'd recommend consulting your doctor first to make sure you don't have any underlying medical issues that might make this more dangerous for you.
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Look into fat fasting and IF. It would work a LOT better. :-)
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    O.K. - I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here :) While I'm not a 'juicer' - my husband and I watched the same movie and my husband promptly decided to try it! In the first two week he lost 17 pounds and has since lost another 20 over three more months. He exclusively juiced for the first few weeks only(plus nuts for extra protein) but now alternates juicing with regular meals. It actually did help quite a bit in the beginning with arthritis pain as well. I don't think the logic is to 'cleanse' as much as it is to flood your body with all the vitamin and nutirient rich fruits and vegetables,(natural anti-inflamatories) while also cutting out harmful fats and processed foods. It is not a sustainable program long term - and I don't think it is intended to be, but it has worked for the hubby as a jump start and also keeps him going with the huge quantitites of veggies he can consume through juicing. As a side note, he did mention it to two different docs he sees and they had no problem with it. I'm no expert - just offering up another point of view :)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Everyone who says something negative about juicing fruits and vegetables, and getiing to much such and candida, is completely incorrect, and need to do a lot more research before voicing opinions. It's annoying to read the comments. As long as your consuming enough calories from your juices your fine! I completely support juicing, it is so good for you.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Everyone who says something negative about juicing fruits and vegetables, and getiing to much such and candida, is completely incorrect, and need to do a lot more research before voicing opinions.

The irony in your statement is overwhelming.
    Additionally: Since you've done your research, can you share the benefits or the research?
  • ildiko72
    Options
    hello, I have just signed in so i can let you know that I am starting my 10 days juice fast on the 1st of january 2012. I truely believe that the body needs rest and it actually has a power to heal itself. Besides it is interesting that people who talk about it do not want to sell you anything... I mean it is just common sense. well, I cant wait to start:) be good and good luck to you too!:)
  • pamgreen1
    Options
    Wow, people are getting fired up on here! About candida - it may be possible for them to do a juice cleanse, depending on which fruits and vegetables are used - when in doubt always consult with a doctor - it may need to be modified. So many people confuse juice cleansing with fasting - fasting deprives your body of nutrients and an average juice cleanse floods your body of nutrients - about 20lbs of produce a day (at least!) Its a chance to give your digestive system a rest. No matter how healthy we all eat, our bodies expend a lot of work and energy to do its job - a juice cleanse gives it an opportunity to heal and repair itself. Because when juicing your body doesn't have to break down the food, your body can absorb the nutrients more efficiently. Hydaulic pressed juices are best as they are able to extract 3-5times more nutrients than conventional juicers. As for benefits:
    * Boosts immune system
    * Alleviates allergies
    * Improves thyroid function
    * Provides rest for the digestive organs
    * Encourages physical rejuvenation
    * Promotes normalized weight
    * Promotes normalized blood pressure
    * Reverses signs of aging
    * Elevates mood and sex drive
    * Alleviates symptoms of PMS
    * Promotes clear skin
    * Increases energy
    * Increases fertility
    * Combats viruses
    * Suppresses Fibromyalgia symptoms
    * Saves money you would have otherwise spent on “that new antibiotic."
    Blueprintcleanse.com offers lots of information on cleansing (they have an on-staff registered dietitian, unlike some other programs) and dr. oz has been documented on numerous occassions supporting raw food and juicing.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

Correct. Totally pointless.