bump
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Do you have a costco or something nearby that sells things in bulk? That might help your budget a bit. I have to say, $100 for two weeks of food sounds impossible where I live! I wish you the best of luck!
  • HarmonyNLife
    HarmonyNLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I spend a bit under $100 a month for myself, typically I try to keep it under $75. I eat very healthy for that. Sorry I don't have time to cover all the rest of your questions but will try to get back to this thread.:flowerforyou: Oh and my cat is included in that amount. :wink: :laugh:
  • lolita_doll
    Options
    BUMP
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm sure some of these have been mentioned but these are things I do to save money:
    -I shop at Aldis and my there low fat brand (not sure were your from and if you have one but if you do it's the way to go)
    -I go to the grocery store and buy meat that is reduced for quick sell and go home and portion it and freeze it
    -I make bean soup, chili, and vegetable soup. You can make a big pot of these soups for very little money.
    -I eat a lot of beans for protein. A can of beans has 3.5 servings for sometimes as cheap as $0.50. You can also buy dried beans if you have the time to soak and cook them, they are even cheaper.
    -Try to stay away from "convenience foods" as they are budget killers (most frozen diet dinners are over $3.00)
    -Buy fruit and veggies that you like in bulk (our grocery store gives a discount if you buy them that way)
    -You can buy canned veggies that are reduced sodium or purchase regular and drain and rinse them (I did this with veggies and beans while following a low sodium diet to lower my blood pressure)
    -A carton of eggs is fairly cheap and can be used for breakfast, topping for a salad, or you can eat hard boiled eggs for snacks.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump