If I go on a treadmill and use an ellpitcal everyday for 30

Options
I usually go on the treadmill for 20 mins and go on the elliptical for 15 mins and do abs for 10 mins...what other exercises should i do...if i do those exercises daily and rest once a week..will i lose weight and tone?

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    I usually go on the treadmill for 20 mins and go on the elliptical for 15 mins and do abs for 10 mins...what other exercises should i do...if i do those exercises daily and rest once a week..will i lose weight and tone?
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You might want to add weights. :smile:
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I would second that - I find the weights really help - and building up some of that muscle is good for you in the long run
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Pick up some resistance bands and buy a good worout series such as Slim in 6 or Chalean Extreme. You will lose weight and get a nice sculpted shape.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Strength training will help you tone up and cardio will strengthen your heart and entire cardio system...both are very important and go great hand in hand!:flowerforyou:

Mind and Body adds a nice touch as well for stress reduction and calmness and a peaceful mindset. Yoga, Mediation, Meditative Dance, things along that line can also add some great flexibility, and increase your balance tremendously.

Hey going for a pleasant peaceful walk can do abit of that too!:wink:

FC:heart:
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Mind and Body adds a nice touch as well for stress reduction and calmness and a peaceful mindset. Yoga, Mediation, Meditative Dance, things along that line can also add some great flexibility, and increase your balance tremendously.

Meditative Dance....ooohhh! That sounds very interesting & up my alley ( I LOVE TRYING NEW THINGS)! Can you tell us more about that???
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

In order to tone, you have to do weights
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Meditative Dance....ooohhh! That sounds very interesting & up my alley ( I LOVE TRYING NEW THINGS)! Can you tell us more about that???
    bumpin to respond when I get back home...k?:bigsmile: