red wine??

Options
hi everyone,
red wine is supposed to be good for you, i drink about a bottle a week sometimes two soooo if you drink it do you log it =D sarah p.s feel free to add me :)

Replies

• KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I drink a bottle a week, usually white wine though, and log every bit of it!
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    come on evry one dont be shy =D
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    If I have enough room in my day, then I will have a glass.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Unless it's magical zero-calorie wine, then obviously you should log it.
  • strange1g
    strange1g Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log all my alcohol intake when I remember to. After that glass of wine I sometimes get foggy : )
  • masinya
    masinya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log my alcohol and make it fit in my calorie goal for the day :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink about 1/2 bottle a day, more on the weekends. Of course I log it. It's over 100 calories per glass.
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Red wine and IPA are a big part of the reason I'm on MFP in the first place - since I started logging my calories, I've cut way back. When I know I'll be having a drink or two, I make sure I have enough calories left over to do so. Not so surprisingly, the weight has been coming off nice and steady.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I drink about a glass a night (so maybe a bottle at least a week?) and I log every bit of it!!! I sometimes exercise to get my wine!!! Mostly Moscato and Riesling!!! Yum!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I sure hope you log it, as a whole bottle is over 600 calories!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Red wine and IPA are a big part of the reason I'm on MFP in the first place - since I started logging my calories, I've cut way back. When I know I'll be having a drink or two, I make sure I have enough calories left over to do so. Not so surprisingly, the weight has been coming off nice and steady.

same here.. the wine is the root of all evil but oh so good .. i now only drink it on occassion instead of a glass or 2 every night.. and by "on occassion" i mean, once every 2-3 weeks
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I drink about a glass a night (so maybe a bottle at least a week?) and I log every bit of it!!! I sometimes exercise to get my wine!!! Mostly Moscato and Riesling!!! Yum!!!

Love some Moscato - usually make sure there is room for the calorie intake!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yep I log it, but I confess to not measuring exact ounces... I eyeball it. After a few glasses, that 4 oz gets bigger and bigger :)
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I try to log all my drinks - just look at last night for an example. haha.

But yes, you should log it. Anything you eat or drink, you should log it. Why wouldn't you? It's hard to be honest with yourself, but if you aren't, the only person you are hurting is you.

What I WILL say, is that I love red wine, I drink it, and it hasn't hindered me. In fact, I had a number of drinks last night and I lost 2 lbs this morning, so...
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bottle a WEEK !!!!!!! crap me and the wife are on the 2nd bottle TONIGHT !!!!!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    you got any???
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i drank all mine !
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    you got any???
    I didn't bring enough to share with the whole class, sorry.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yep I log it, but I confess to not measuring exact ounces... I eyeball it. After a few glasses, that 4 oz gets bigger and bigger :)

Go by how much is left in the bottle. The average bottle has 25 oz so if you are counting 4 oz glasses there would be 6.25 glasses so if you drink 1/2 the bottle that would be 3.125 glasses. (I log in 5 oz which makes it easier).
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    you got any???
    I didn't bring enough to share with the whole class, sorry.

Dang it!.....