30-DAY SHRED WITH JULIAN MICHAELS

Options
I started yesterday and today is day 2....I've seen mixed results but I'm going to give it a try....15 more lbs to lose

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I finished day 6 today. Not seeing any changes yet but will give her a full 30 days before I pass judgement. She does work you hard though. If nothing else I can feel myself getting stronger.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Im on my 7th workout, I've heard that its best to do it every other day along with normal cardio workouts. Im not really seeing the results either but Im sticking with it no matter how hard it is!
  • amydgrimm
    Options
    I started it yesterday! What a killer. I have about 50 lbs to lose.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I just hired it out from the DVD shop! Since everyone is talking about it I thought I'd better see what all of the fuss is about..
  • Gina005
    Options
    Okay I am on day 3 and wooooooo I am sore did day two last night and definitely felt the burn...I really try to push myself because truly I know after doing P90X anyone can cheat on any exercise and your body won't get the results from it.....Lost 2lbs since the start date...however I've also watched what I've been eating more closely so I thinks it's a combination of both. I will also be increasing my weights on day 5 of this workout...so for right now I like it but I do believe you have to incorporate more cardio if you want to see faster results...before pics will go up today and I will stick this out through day 30 and post after pictures so we will see so far I feel my muscles being challenged and I like the way that feels.....day three here we go!!! Keep it up all you 30-day Shred goers.....we can do this!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 16 for me. I took some halfway pics and I can already see a big difference! I recommend taking before, half-ways, and after -- it's hard to see the change when you look at yourself every day.
  • Gina005
    Options
    I will defintely have to do that....just finished day 3 level 1 workout....I think it is getting easier....I wanted to give up on the lunges but didn't and the sideway lunge with arm raises are a *********** lol I'm determined to keep going I need to get more hand weights so I can add more resistance....Great job so far on your day 16 it isn't easy so WAY TO GO....didn't have time to post before pictures but I will try again tomorrow...
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'll say this--- I've been doing Turbofire since April and have now just started the Advanced stuff. I was sick for a little bit of time (like 8 days with a cold) and while at Target, I picked up 30 Day Shred for the heck of it. I got back on track with Turbo for about 2 days and then decided to pop in the 30 Day shred just to see what it was about. I will say, just 10 min of it kicked my butt. I'm still doing turbofire but I will say that you probably need to do the 30 Day Shred longer than 3 days to see the results. Do the full 30 and I'm pretty sure you will--- I can't imagine it not.
  • Gina005
    Options
    Last night was completion of day 4 of the 30-Day shred with Jillian Michaels (Finally realized I was spelling her name wrong) and it is getting easier...I still feel sore muscles etc but overrall I feel good....I increased my weights last night to 8lb weights some exercises I had to modify the amount of weights.....on the pushups originally (day 1) I was only able to do 5 (boy pushups) then the rest averaging about 15 pushups each set I would do them on my knees....last night I was able to do 9 boy-style pushups (off the knees) I will continue to try to eat better and continue the 30 day shred I am super curious to see the end results....after this I plan to follow Jamie Eason's 12 week weight plan....I will let everyone know how that goes as well....tonight is day 4 level one
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just did this for first time today. I do belong to a gym and workout with a trainer 2x a week but I have seen some people post some great results especially in shrinking their middle which is what I need to do. I probably should watch more on the DVD but do you do level 1 for as long as you want and then move up to 2? I am a little confused - I kind of thought maybe there were 30 different workouts?

I only have really light weights at home and probably need to get some heavier ones (8 or 10 pounds) except for those side lunges with anterior raises - those were hard even with my really light weights.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had great progress with it. I posted my pics last week. Good Luck and keep up the awesome work.

Dana
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 day 3, and level 1 I did every day but 2 day's in a row, because I had Thanksgiving and another day I had to take a break. Level 2 I've been doing it like every other day. I seen good results 7 days after I started from the beginning, some pretty impressive results, but I've never done such hard core workouts ever in my life. Don't expect to lose too much from it, because you might gain muscle. I've noticed my weight flux with this. I see more inches gone then weight.
  • Ok. So I've been doing the 30 days shred for 16 days... and.... Ive gained 2 lbs and lost 3 inches in my waist, gained an inch in each thigh, lost a total of 3 inches in my arms, 1.5 inchin my hips and my bra size has gone from a 36 to a 34. Although I am disapppointed with the weight gain, I am happy with the inches lost and the amount of energy I have. I am sticking to a 1200 calorie a day diet, never go over my fat allowance or carb allowance and have high protein intake, so I know I am gaining muscle. I started the level 3 workout 5 nights ago for fun to see how far I could get.... and I was pouring sweat by the half way point, but sucked it up and finished it out, with few modifications to the exercises. Ive beeen swtiching the levels around based on my energy level and strength level each day and usually modify up to the weights in hand during all cardio intervals. I have added in my stationary riding to 10 minutes after the workouts and feel much better with extra cardio.

Good luck all and mix it up. You dont have to stick 100% to her routine if you cant do it... keep your arms and legs going if you need a breather and like she says, remember why you went out and bought the dvd in the first place.
  • Gina005
    Options
    No you do each level for 10 days....I have 8lb weights and 3lbs weights and you are right you'll need to switch according to the exercise and your tolerence....last night was day 5 for me and so far I feel good about it...I break a sweat each workout....they are ot as hard as P90X but I really want to see how I look after day 30....if the results are good enough I may do it for another 30
  • Gina005
    Options
    Sorry and last reply was to mama2sethandolivia's post.....Last night was day 5 of level one and I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance....I was able to do all exercises with no modifications....I do use 8lb weights for some exercises and 3lb weights for others...I will continue to increase weights...I am no longer as sore as I was days 1 and 2....so far so good....can't find my camera so before pictures have been delayed lol Good Luck to everyone...tonight is DAY 6!!!
  • rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have finished day 5 of level 1. I really like, haven't seen much in the results area yet, but I heard that you lose more inches than you do weight. And I think this happens only if you follow the guidlines of a new level every 10 days.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Oh I know you're suppose to do them for 10 days, I changed things up on my own cus it works for me.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30DS today (took me 33 days), lost 7lbs but was more impressed with inches lost. I lost the most inches off my belly which is my last place to shift the fat. My upper body strength is way improved too, and I have definition in my arms for the first time. Stick with it, and be sure to take measurements and/ or pics to see progress. Good luck!
  • Gina005
    Options
    Okay checking in and day 6 for me was a no go...bad toothache (going to get the tooth pulled today) however, last night day 7 I did level 1 and level 2 exercises....I am not liking level 2 uggghhhh to me it is more fast paced and difficult moves...but only 3 more days of level 1 and I have no choice...so by doing last night levels 1 and 2 I feel I made up for my 1 missed day...I definitely see a difference in my clothes...pants I am wearing today are very loose in my thighs and waist...I am still the same weight with no movement there but I have read a lot of people's posts about the 30 day shred and they also say that they see inches versus lbs....I feel good but can say with level 2 you have to push yourself...the moves are challenging and it would be easy to slack off or quit early (not doing the amount of reps required)....push yourselves....we can do this....tonight is day 8 level 1
  • Gina005
    Options
    Last night was day 8 of 30-day shred and all was good. Had my tooth pulled and wasn't suppose to exercise but I just couldn't skip it. So I was definitely in a sweat at the end of the workout but I haven't been sore since the first few workouts not sure if this means my body has gotten use to it now...only 2 more days at level 1 then time for level 2 can't wait to see what the next 10 days bring!