I don't know if I should exercise or not and more.

Options
Please read before responding. Even if you just skim through it quickly, that's fine, too.

I am on my period, have been for a while... still lost some weight.

Also, I am a phentermine user. I have not been able to lose weight even on a diet before it. I am not sure if I should be taking a break from it or not, but I am. I did not take it today because I've been sick and I don't think it is safe to take if you aren't well.

I am having horrible headaches, dizzy spells that are so bad that I lose control of my muscles and fall down. It isn't from too low blood pressure, it's from being amazingly stressed and horribly depressed lately. I am going to therapy, yes, but it can't fix it overnight, obviously. I don't think I am getting enough oxygen to my brain. I am not sure what to do for that, either. I feel extremely weak even if I eat right and everything. It's very annoying for me. I tried taking a high dose of B12, made the headache worse, so I won't take it again for a week or two, at least. It was a dosage over 5,000% of what you need or something crazy like that. I don't remember now. I think it's safe to take one here and there, though. I do have a deficiency and that became obvious when even on the first day that I took it, I was able to talk better by being able to build conversations in my head. I was also able to recall vocabulary at a much, much, much faster rate. I was able to read properly and have more of an understanding of what the thing I just read was about. I slept better at night, too.

I have a lot of muscle pain, so I started taking a potassium supplement today.

I have been doing everything I can to get a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise daily. I haven't done anything today. I feel horrible.

Should I exercise anyway? Also, I almost never eat over my calorie goal. It's very rare that I do. I am usually way under because I don't feel very hungry when I am so, so depressed. I do all that I can to get as much water as I possibly can, but today, for some reason, it has been very hard to get the recommended amount of water even... it wasn't any trouble at all before I really crashed from being so upset. There's like so many problems in my life right now.

But yeah... should I exercise? Sorry for the annoying topic.

Thank you for all answers.

EDIT:
I have been over this on more than one occasion.

Also -- it is NOT from phentermine. Phentermine actually made me feel a million times better the first week. But I stopped for two days and started again while horribly depressed.

The dizzy spells and all have been going on since 2008 or 2009. No one can find whatever is wrong. There have been leads, but they can't determine what exactly it could be. One more thing that is vital... it does not happen if I am not stressed. One of the leads is that it could possibly be some form of panic attacks. Another lead is that I could be developing multiple sclerosis. Yet another lead is Cushing's disease due to elevated cortisol. All are hard to diagnose.

So..yes, I have been to doctors. I am still going to more.

EDIT:
I hope I will still lose weight even though I will stop exercising until I feel better. Thank you all very much for helping me with this decision. I like that this community is caring and nice about it instead of being crabby and rude. It makes things much better.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    No you should not exercise. You should go to the doctor immediately.
  • Lizchan
    Lizchan Posts: 60 Member
    Options

Also -- it is NOT from phentermine.

The dizzy spells and all have been going on since 2008 or 2009. No one can find whatever is wrong. There have been leads, but they can't determine what exactly it could be. One more thing that is vital... it does not happen if I am not stressed. One of the leads is that it could possibly be some form of panic attacks.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

Yes. Call your doctor immediately. It's Friday...don't wait any longer.
  • Lizchan
    Options

Yes. Call your doctor immediately. It's Friday...don't wait any longer.

I added a thing saying I have been to them over this before. It happens when I am stressed. It could possibly be from my period, too, maybe? I'm not sure. But this period has been HARSH on me. I didn't add that in the edit. But I stated it early.

Thank you for the answer, though.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

The dizzy spells and all have been going on since 2008 or 2009. No one can find whatever is wrong. There have been leads, but they can't determine what exactly it could be. One more thing that is vital... it does not happen if I am not stressed. One of the leads is that it could possibly be some form of panic attacks.

You should still follow what your doctor tells you regarding exercise. Only a doctor is qualified to give you advice on exercise with your medical conditions. Sorry.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

With this new information, I will amend my answer to: find a NEW doctor because this is not OK. If you have been to a few and you are confident that no one can find out what's wrong, call your doctor and ASK THEM if it's ok for you to exercise. Not the internet please. This sounds very serious and you are putting your health in the hands of strangers.

Also, please eat some food. You are so far under a healthy amount.
  • Lizchan
    Options
    Thanks, all. I guess I won't exercise until my head stops feeling funny. It all started this week. Period also started during that time. So much drama going on in my life, too, at the moment. Trying to fix that, too...

Very, very difficult to eat when I am very sad. I lay in bed and sleep and cry a lot. When I get up, I struggle to do the work I need to do. It's an even bigger struggle to eat because of the depression.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You can see how you cope with gentle exercise such as walking - you know that counts as well. As for the dizzy spells. there can be all kind of reasons for it. How does your neck feel when you are very stressed? Do you tend to get tense in the neck area? (I know it causes slight dizzy spells for me when shoulders and neck are blocked) I think it might help to see a Chiropractor?
    Not having enough water might contribute to dizzy spells as well. Possible food intolerance? In general, go and let this be checked again.
    A friend of mine, who has depression to a massive extend (sleeping through 72hrs and not getting out of bed) uses a day-light lamp during the dark time of the year, which has helped imorving the condition a tiny bit. Also being out and about in daylight as much as possible as always had a good effect (and again, is exercising)

Now, I also agree with Elizabeth - you need to eat - your body needs something to get energy from. Try different options if you not feel hungry, a couple of nuts, a couple of beeries, pumpkin seeds, wholemeal bread, spinach, cherry and graepfruit have all been mentioned as mood aiding food. Give it a try.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would say force yourself to eat and that should help with the dizzy feeling for sure. I think anyone who under eats feels dizzy and lightheaded. maybe watch some funny movies to lift your spirits?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Almost all responders tell you to seek a doctor's opinion. Then you reiterate that you've seen multiple doctors.

Get some more counseling and see another doctor.

Hun you need to seek medical advice, it doesn't seem to me that you are looking after yourself properly judging by your diary entry.
    Let a professional guide you through this difficult phase. Take Care.
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Liz,
    Have you consulted a dietitian or nutritionist. Sometimes we have food intolerances and create all sorts of body havoc. I had GI issues for YEARS and years (25-30). I saw a nutirtionist who did some tests, gave me a plan, plan worked in 1 week - amazing. The longer I stayed with the plan the better I felt. I no longer have those symptoms at all unless I stray into the foods where I have known intoleraces. Not all doctors will refer you to dietitians or nutritionists, and it is hard to get some insurances policies to cover them; be persistent or pay out of pocket for a visit or two it may be well worth it to you.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do anything more than walking or yoga, because if you are dizzy, you could easily get hurt if you try to exercise.

I also wouldn't recommend just laying around either, if you can help it.

I would focus on getting yourself to eat better before worrying too much about the exercise or weight loss. If you are dizzy, that is your #1 concern health wise. Your period shouldn't cause you to feel like this.

I hope you find relief soon!
  • Lizchan
    Options
    I'll do my best. Thank you all.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't read through all of the responses but I'm just going to point out that you haven't been eating well. Not eating enough and what you do eat, is junk. You're getting nothing from it which is not helping the whole weakness/passing out thing.