I have a lot to celebrate today :)

Options
Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
I had a return to work interview this morning with my works, I was absolutely bricking it thinking I would loose my job after recent events with my son, which was the main cause of my depression, but I am pleased to say, as long as my gp signs me fit for work this afternoon when I see him, I can return to work on Wednesday this week :drinker:

My son is going to the job centre today to see if they can help him find a job, following his employer confirming over the phone today that he has lost his job.

I've told my son, that, I love him and will always be there for him, but if he runs away again, I will leave him to his own devises and let him come back on his own esteem. I can't live my life running round looking for him any more, it's made me too ill of late.

Thanks for reading this far :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Options
    I had a return to work interview this morning with my works, I was absolutely bricking it thinking I would loose my job after recent events with my son, which was the main cause of my depression, but I am pleased to say, as long as my gp signs me fit for work this afternoon when I see him, I can return to work on Wednesday this week :drinker:

My son is going to the job centre today to see if they can help him find a job, following his employer confirming over the phone today that he has lost his job.

I've told my son, that, I love him and will always be there for him, but if he runs away again, I will leave him to his own devises and let him come back on his own esteem. I can't live my life running round looking for him any more, it's made me too ill of late.

Thanks for reading this far :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Aww Jackie, congratulations! Sounds like things are really looking up for you! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Aww Jackie, congratulations! Sounds like things are really looking up for you! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Yeah, it's about time too :laugh:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You're me hero! :flowerforyou: Good luck with your son. It seems to me like you've told him just the right thing. Take care and enjoy being back to work! :wink:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    good for you. glad things are looking up. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Hmmm, just tried to get an appointment to se my doctor, he is fully booked all afternoon, I can phone him at 4pm, aqnd ask him to sign me fit for work, but the receptionist tells me, he'll more than likely want to see me before he can make judgement!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    well, I will keep you in my prayers that he will be able to see you soon. Good luck with your son.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Ok, so, I couldn't get hold of my doctor yesterday, so I phoned my works and told them I'll have to get an appointment for Tuesday, I got told, well there's no hurry, we're not planning to give you any hours until Saturday anyway! I said, oh, how many hours would I get this week then, got told 2-3 !!!! They will build me up gradually but to expect very few hours at first!!! :grumble:

How the heck am I supposed to live on 2-3 hours a week as a wage? :noway: I'm so fed up, if it's not one thing coming to kick me in the teeth, it's another :explode:

My son is looknig forward to his interview today, I'm desperately trying to stay positive for him.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Just got back from seeing my doctor. :indifferent:
    I told him everything that's been going on in the past week, how I was feeling great until Sunday when my son got himself in to serious trouble with the police, my works only offering me a few hours - which I understand why they have done it, but still, I cannot live on 2-3 hours a week. :noway:

I told the doctor how I've gotten very jumpy, and not sleeping at night for the past couple of days, he gave me some sleeping tablets, which I'm not happy with, but he says they will help to releive my anxiety. He only gave me 10, which I take only when I really have to bacause they are highly addictive.
    I'm off sick again for another 2 weeks, he says there's no way I can go to work as though nothing else happened, especially as my son is now facing court. :sad:

My doctor also wants my son to agree to see him, he wants to refer him to see a counsellor - says all the time my son is behaving the way he is, I will never get better :cry:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    i hope you are doing better. Thinking of you.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!