NEW.ME.BOOTCAMP...WEEK 1

Options
:heart: :love: Week 1

:heart: WELCOME:heart:
Hey everyone welcome to week 1 of New Me Bootcamp. I hope yall are ready to change your life. I hope to see everyone here on day 30 with us. Remember this program runs 30 days and then you can decide if you want to join another 30 days. PLEASE only people that are serious about staying with it. And also I would like to have only people that need to lose 30 plus pounds. Not trying to be mean its just easier on everyone that way we know the people will stay with us!

Moving right along...

:love: CHALLENGES :love:
Personal: This week's personal challenge is going to be stop one little bad habit (ex. mine is gonna be biting my nails)

Health: Drink nothing but water (I know some of yall drink coffee in the mornings and please still do that...I dont want to send anyone's body into shock)

Finally...

If you have not sent in your weigh for the week please send it into me no later than Tuedays for it to be counted...and for those of ya not looking to lose 30 + pounds please let me know so I can take you off!!!

Thank yall and good luck to you all!!!

Replies

• GettingThin08
    Options
    :heart: :love: Week 1

:heart: WELCOME:heart:
    Hey everyone welcome to week 1 of New Me Bootcamp. I hope yall are ready to change your life. I hope to see everyone here on day 30 with us. Remember this program runs 30 days and then you can decide if you want to join another 30 days. PLEASE only people that are serious about staying with it. And also I would like to have only people that need to lose 30 plus pounds. Not trying to be mean its just easier on everyone that way we know the people will stay with us!

Moving right along...

:love: CHALLENGES :love:
    Personal: This week's personal challenge is going to be stop one little bad habit (ex. mine is gonna be biting my nails)

Health: Drink nothing but water (I know some of yall drink coffee in the mornings and please still do that...I dont want to send anyone's body into shock)

Finally...

If you have not sent in your weigh for the week please send it into me no later than Tuedays for it to be counted...and for those of ya not looking to lose 30 + pounds please let me know so I can take you off!!!

Thank yall and good luck to you all!!!
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Wooohoo Week 1 !!

Personal challenge: I have a bad habit of eating little things that I "believe" to be within my calorie allowance for the day and dont bother adding them to the diary. So from this week on, I will not eat anything, unless I add it to my food diary and have made sure that it is within my nutritional goals before it goes into my cake-hole :bigsmile:

Drinking nothing but water will be very challenging for me, but I will give it an honest try. :smile:

Good luck everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    I normally drink nothing, 96 ounces but water except on the days that I do a full day of school and a full day of work and then I drink 1 coffee on that day so i can stay awake for work. I've been sick so I am drinking orange juice to get my immune system back on line.

My bad habit that I will try and kick is that little piece of candy that I eat once a day and don't add to my diary or that one cookie after dinner. It will be tough, but i'll try. Please add me to your log thing.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge, if that's ok. I have been on this site and counting calories for a month and a half and only lost 4 lbs. (My DH has lost 15lbs, I'm happy, but jealous!) I'm getting bummed, but don't want to quit. Maybe this will jump start something for me. I have about 40 lbs to lose, so I think I qualify.

I don't really have a bad habit I want to work on right now, but I'd like to get regular on a good habit and that's journaling (blogging) everyday, not just what I eat but how I feel on this weight loss journey. I think it will help me a lot, can I do that as my personal challenge?

The water challenge is good for me. I drink a lot of water, but probably not enough everyday.

Look forward to getting to know everyone and doing this together!
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Hello, ok my measurements this week

Bust 49 1/2
    Under Bust 41 1/2
    waist 46
    hips 48
    R thigh 24.5
    L thigh 25
    L arm 12.4
    R arm 13
    Nexk 15

Weight 224.2
  • icbabe2
    icbabe2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited about this challenge! I really need this. I've been struggling for so long...it's time to kick my rear into gear! Here are my stats:

Today's Weight=206
    Waist = 38"
    Hips = 46.5"
    Thighs = 28"
    Arms = 15"
    Chest = 42"

I am addicted to sugar so I will be working on replacing my sweet stuff with healthier foods like fruit, ect. And I'm going to drink as much water as I can.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and seeing great results!

99340.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • icbabe2
    Options
    Good luck everyone!

99340.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    My starting weight is 181. I'll take my measurements later.
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I already emailed these in, but I'll post them too.

Weight: 179.0 (as of this morning)
    Neck: 14
    Chest: 39
    Arm: L- R- 13.75/13.5
    Waist: 32.25
    Hips: 42
    Thighs: L- R- 24.5/24

Hmm...bad habits. My worst habit is snacking after dinner. I mean like an entire box of cereal "snacking". I think having just some fruit or vegetables (in proper serving sizes) after dinner instead would be a good personal challenge for me!
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    I'm so happy to see the outcome we have so far...I cant wait till this thing gets rolling good...so how is everyone doin on day 2...my day 1 wasnt so good...I was at the ER with my mom all day so I didnt get to workout...sucks but what can ya do...I aint gonna stress about it b/c that will just make today go bad too instead I gotta kick butt today...

we have a website that I'm keeping all of our status at and it is...

http://newmebootcamp.webs.com/

good luck yall and yall are more than welcome to look at the site and see how its going and how everyone is doing!!!!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    I am doing ok. I went over my calories a little bit yesterday. And I'm fighting being really angry at my body and this weightloss journey I'm on. I've been doing this for about 36 days and have only lost 4lbs. (While my husband has lost 15!) But I'm not giving up. Just trying to reevaluate my eating and exercise habits, and trying to step it up. I'm trying to channel my frustration into working out. This morning I got up at 4:30am and got on the treadmill first thing (I've been working out at night, I'm going to try morning and night now). So I got 25 min exercise and two glasses of water before 5:30am. But I did go to breakfast w/ my dad and husband (we all work together) and ate double my calories for a normal breakfast. If I stay on track with what I packed for lunch and snacks, eat my planned dinner and workout tonight, I should still be just fine.

Every body have a great, healthy day:flowerforyou:
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    It will get better necker...

I got the leslie sanson walk 4 fast miles and I only got in 5 mins and I was feeling it wow I love it...Tomorrow I'm gonna try and walk a mile on there!!!

good luck yall
  • icbabe2
    Options
    Thanks for putting up the website gettingthin...it'll be encouraging to see everyone's progress.

I did two new workout DVD's yesterday. I did the Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and The Firm ~ Get Chisel'd. They were both really good! I didn't know if I would like yoga or if it would feel like a workout but Bob kicks butt! He calls it "weight loss yoga" and it makes you sweat!

I also did a lot better on my eating yesterday. I tracked every bite that went into my mouth and I didn't give into my "sweet" cravings. I'm trying to find alternatives like sugar free, fat free jell-o pudding w/ FF cool whip. I had 1/2 a cup and that was perfect! And it was very low calorie. I stayed right where I should''ve on my calorie intake and drank nothing but water. Overall, it was a pretty good day!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    To stop snacking in the middle of the night is my goal..not doin so well there....:grumble:
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did really well yesterday! I went to the gym for an hour and fifteen minutes with my fiance and all of my food goals were on target except for being a bit over in sodium. :smile:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'm so happy to see the outcome we have so far...I cant wait till this thing gets rolling good...so how is everyone doin on day 2...my day 1 wasnt so good...I was at the ER with my mom all day so I didnt get to workout...sucks but what can ya do...I aint gonna stress about it b/c that will just make today go bad too instead I gotta kick butt today...

we have a website that I'm keeping all of our status at and it is...

http://newmebootcamp.webs.com/

good luck yall and yall are more than welcome to look at the site and see how its going and how everyone is doing!!!!

The ER, of what a fun time one can have there:ohwell: Hope your mom is ok.

Yesterday I got a good work out in at the gym and only went over my Cals by 52. Today was not as good didn't get my workout in and was out all afternoon. I was doing great until dinne time. I went over my cals by about 230:cry: Some days I just can't seem to stay within my calsories. So frustrating. I really don't know hoe people do 1200 a day.. Maybe when i get some extra money I will go see a Nutritionist and get some food help.

Oh my DH said yesterday on the way home from Ikea that we should open up a Fast Food Rehab. He kind of chuckled and I said you laugh but I bet we would have a large clientel.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Just thought I'd start us out today. I did pretty good yesterday. I worked out at 4:30am and then again in the evening. And I got 74 oz. of water in. I thought just to keep me accountable and on track, I'd post my daily calorie stats for the previous day. So here's yesterdays:

Daily Calorie Goal: 1,440
    Calories Burnt: 511 (Treadmill & Power90)
    Total: 1,951
    Consumed: 1,816
    Balance At End of Day: +135

Fruits/Veggies: 5/5
    Dairy: 2/3

(The fruits & veggies is a habit I developed when doing Weight Watchers. The goal was to get 5 fruits & veg servings in a day and 3 dairy for calcium)
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Here are my measurements. I know they are old (as of 1/22), but I will take them again on 2/22.

Waist 40.0 on 01/22/09
    Hips 49.0 on 01/22/09
    Bust 41.0 on 01/22/09
    Thigh 25.75 on 01/22/09
    Bicep 12.0 on 01/22/09
  • GettingThin08
    Options
    I have really bad news...I'm gonna have to sit this week out...I'm not gonna stop doing New Me Bootcamp b/c everyone is doin good on it and I hate to stop it...But this week is way out for me...I'm drinking my water like I'm susposed too...Next week I'll start fresh...I'm sorry yall...

Good luck to everyone and keep the hard work up...And dont give up on me yet lol...Its just a lot of family crap is going down...

Good luck!!!
  • mommyof2kiddos
    Options
    I'd like to join now if it's not too late :)

I'll have to take my measurements later but I weigh 161 lbs.

My bad habit is mindless eating. Just grabbing a cracker or whatever just because I'm in the kitchenn
    The water challenge will be pretty easy for me, except for my morning coffee..