Confused?

Options
Hi

I am starting to get a bit confused with my calories and steps I need to be taking to maintain my weight loss without being completely insane!!

I have lost 119lb in total (majority of which since using MFP). I have lost every week and I am a very happy lady. However, I am also a bit concerned on how I can still have the same amount of calorie allowance each day now that I am almost half the size I used to be and still keep losing?

I exercise at least 5 times a week, a number that has creeped up along with the intensity as a result of 'the fear' and I am starting to get so worried that the weight loss will stop so close to my goal that my daily calorie intake is getting less and less (almost never eat back my exercise calories also due to 'the fear')

I really dont want to become overly obssessed/ boderline mental but I was just wondering if anyone else has any similar experiences and any knowledge to share?

Also to point out I have Graves disease and have just started the 'replace' portion of my 'block and replace' treatment which means I am now taking anti-thyroid medication combined with Thyroxine to stabalise my thyroid function so if you happen to kknow what effect that might have on my efforts I would love to hear it!

Thanks xxx

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but I'll try to help as much as I can. First, does mfp reset your goals as you lose weight or do you need to manually do that? I would go into your goals section and update it with your new weight just in case. If it doesn't lower your calorie goal, then I would keep exercising and keep trying to meet your calorie goal. I've heard that the closer you get to your goal, you might need to up your calories a little and lose a bit slower. Hopefully someone else will reply that can really help answer your question! good luck :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    You should be recalculating BMR/Maintenance Calories every time you drop significant weight or Body Fat.
    Your needs change all the time!

Check this thread out
    >http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973
    If you dont want to do all the math you can drop in here
    >http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137518363

Hope this helps! Friend me for support!
    Hugs!