Plus size/Super size weight loss support part 2!

Options
I recently came back to see that a supportive thread had been locked, The original plus size/super size support and I feel we needed another one, I know I do. I fell off the wagon and gained 30lbs back in 3 weeks! The first thing I thought of was the support I had on here and decided it was time to come back and also a time to change. Let's become healthy together. Whether you have 50lbs to lose or 300lbs! we are all people with emotions and sometimes the real world has no idea of how our lives really are. I offer up a commitment and a challenge, Lets do this!

Replies

• ChristyMourning
    Options
    I recently came back to see that a supportive thread had been locked, The original plus size/super size support and I feel we needed another one, I know I do. I fell off the wagon and gained 30lbs back in 3 weeks! The first thing I thought of was the support I had on here and decided it was time to come back and also a time to change. Let's become healthy together. Whether you have 50lbs to lose or 300lbs! we are all people with emotions and sometimes the real world has no idea of how our lives really are. I offer up a commitment and a challenge, Lets do this!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hi I just started 1 week ago at 80 kg (176 lbs I think) want to be 70kg (154 lbs)
    I feel that I am a plus size and I hate it. Can't buy normal wear and cant run with the kids and only 39 I am desperate and hope that I can do it with all of you here. I will be there for you Come on we can do it

You have taken the first steps! YAY! Its so hard just coming to the realization that we need to get healthy! I have made a mini goal for july 4th! I am using my goal as a way to stay on track!
  • rainbow118
    rainbow118 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm in, i started this over again a little over a week ago and this time i am sticking to it. It was hard at first but it seems to be getting easyier to stick to this, especially not over eating. I last weighed myself yesterday and i was 219. My goal is to get to 145 then depending on how i look i might go to 130. I am only 22 and have been overweight half my life. Its time to get healthy again, especially because i want to have kids, but i dont want to be overweight and pregnant. And i want to be skinny for when i get married and to just be healthy and to be able to not buy plus size clothing. Right now i am in a 18/20 and i hate it. I also want to wear shorts without having big flabby legs.
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I'm in, i started this over again a little over a week ago and this time i am sticking to it. It was hard at first but it seems to be getting easyier to stick to this, especially not over eating. I last weighed myself yesterday and i was 219. My goal is to get to 145 then depending on how i look i might go to 130. I am only 22 and have been overweight half my life. Its time to get healthy again, especially because i want to have kids, but i dont want to be overweight and pregnant. And i want to be skinny for when i get married and to just be healthy and to be able to not buy plus size clothing. Right now i am in a 18/20 and i hate it. I also want to wear shorts without having big flabby legs.

I know how you feel love. Its so hard not being able to wear normal things or to shop at normal places. I am 25 and I agree I want to be healthy but a part of me just wants to be skinny! sometimes its like im screaming inside like being locked in a cage. I am so happy you are trying, thats the hardest part is taking the first step and thank you for sharing!
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    I would love to have some support, I have done pretty good so far, this is my 6th week in my journey. Lately I have felt a little discouraged but I am trying to keep positive and keep going. You are going for 50lbs by the 4th of July?? I think I might join you in that goal.........:drinker:

Jess
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I would love to have some support, I have done pretty good so far, this is my 6th week in my journey. Lately I have felt a little discouraged but I am trying to keep positive and keep going. You are going for 50lbs by the 4th of July?? I think I might join you in that goal.........:drinker:

Jess

I may have to consider this too! Sounds like a great goal!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wow this is definitely my thread!:drinker: Hi all I am Amy and I have been here since the very end of Dec. I have lost 21 pounds but I am at that point where I long for the old days of gorging on whatever when I go out to eat. It is so hard to stick to it. I really need the support and I will definitely return the favor this is a wonderful thread! I was 535 at my heaviest but have been obese since I was 3 or maybe younger. I come from a large family of a dad who died at 690 pounds, and mom who was around 300 all her life until she got sick and passed at 61. I had gastric bypass in Dec. 2001 and it worked for about a little over a year then I started maintaining with no additional weightloss. I felt like such a failure. I did not change my diet went to see my surgeon and she said she was sorry but I was just one of those people who have remarkably adaptive bodies that the bypass part does not last long and my body learns to keep it all on it's own. I lost about 180 but then my mom died in 2004 and I munched my way through taking care of her, munched the pain and hurt away. After mom passed, and sis got a new job we started back to healthy eating but it was not working. I was exercising and back to every crazy diet on the market but couldn't get it off for any time before I put those same 30 pounds back on. When I moved here to Las Vegas I renewed my commitment and joined Curves and lost down to 351. I think I have a mental block with 350 or something because I plateaued and then gave up and by this January had gained back all that I lost since I moved here and was back at 391. This site has helped me so much. When I feel down I come here and you all help me and when I am happy I celebrate my successes too. I went and got a perm for my 1st 20 pounds instead of celebrating at a restaurant. I really feel like I have found the place to do this the support I need and there is someone here all the time since we are everywhere. So sorry for the book but I wanted you to know my story and get to know me. Thanks for reading!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Wow this is definitely my thread!:drinker: Hi all I am Amy and I have been here since the very end of Dec. I have lost 21 pounds but I am at that point where I long for the old days of gorging on whatever when I go out to eat. It is so hard to stick to it. I really need the support and I will definitely return the favor this is a wonderful thread! I was 535 at my heaviest but have been obese since I was 3 or maybe younger. I come from a large family of a dad who died at 690 pounds, and mom who was around 300 all her life until she got sick and passed at 61. I had gastric bypass in Dec. 2001 and it worked for about a little over a year then I started maintaining with no additional weightloss. I felt like such a failure. I did not change my diet went to see my surgeon and she said she was sorry but I was just one of those people who have remarkably adaptive bodies that the bypass part does not last long and my body learns to keep it all on it's own. I lost about 180 but then my mom died in 2004 and I munched my way through taking care of her, munched the pain and hurt away. After mom passed, and sis got a new job we started back to healthy eating but it was not working. I was exercising and back to every crazy diet on the market but couldn't get it off for any time before I put those same 30 pounds back on. When I moved here to Las Vegas I renewed my commitment and joined Curves and lost down to 351. I think I have a mental block with 350 or something because I plateaued and then gave up and by this January had gained back all that I lost since I moved here and was back at 391. This site has helped me so much. When I feel down I come here and you all help me and when I am happy I celebrate my successes too. I went and got a perm for my 1st 20 pounds instead of celebrating at a restaurant. I really feel like I have found the place to do this the support I need and there is someone here all the time since we are everywhere. So sorry for the book but I wanted you to know my story and get to know me. Thanks for reading!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

awwwwww honey! I totally understand! I got the lap-band in 2006 and went from 470lbs to 280lbs and then this jan they opened it so i could eat more with my pregnancy but instead of eating normal i went crazy! I gained 30lbs in 3 weeks! I have an eating disorder where I binge eat with feelings and its so hard!!!! Just know I'm here if you need to talk! Thank you for stopping by and for making you worth it!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    O.K, I'm going to fess up, today was a BAD food day. I'm trying to quit smoking and i didnt have a smoke today and the hunger pain drove me up a wall so i binged! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I feel worthless! *just breathe christy* Tomorrow will be better, it has to be.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up for one day. I was reading an article the other day saying we eat 21 times each week. As long as wwe get the majority of those days right we will lose.

And instead of beating yourself up beat a punching bag. It burns calories!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hey, don't beat yourself up for one day. I was reading an article the other day saying we eat 21 times each week. As long as wwe get the majority of those days right we will lose.

And instead of beating yourself up beat a punching bag. It burns calories!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile:

What a great idea!!!! thanks!!!!:bigsmile:
  • YankeesGirl
    YankeesGirl Posts: 1,359
    Options
    Well this is definitely for me!! I've stared at the climbing scale my whole life ... found myself pushing 300 and thought (stupidly) that I hit my max (I just thought there is no way I could get bigger) ... well guess what? LOL I'm weighing in at 314 and I'm done. I joined a gym last week and started with a nutritionist ... and I'm getting married in 22 months. This is it. I need to lose weight. I'm tired of going to a bazillion doctors ... having a bazillion tests run. I told my sister that I joined a gym and she said "you know what to do in a gym?" ... I'm tired of people thinking I can't do this. I can do it ... I will do it ... we can do this together!!!

I quit smoking 3 years ago (anyone looking to quit check out www.nj.quitnet.com ... not just for NJ people!) and found with the help of others I could do it ... so together we can beat back the Oreodemon and beat this fight!!!!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Well this is definitely for me!! I've stared at the climbing scale my whole life ... found myself pushing 300 and thought (stupidly) that I hit my max (I just thought there is no way I could get bigger) ... well guess what? LOL I'm weighing in at 314 and I'm done. I joined a gym last week and started with a nutritionist ... and I'm getting married in 22 months. This is it. I need to lose weight. I'm tired of going to a bazillion doctors ... having a bazillion tests run. I told my sister that I joined a gym and she said "you know what to do in a gym?" ... I'm tired of people thinking I can't do this. I can do it ... I will do it ... we can do this together!!!

I quit smoking 3 years ago (anyone looking to quit check out www.nj.quitnet.com ... not just for NJ people!) and found with the help of others I could do it ... so together we can beat back the Oreodemon and beat this fight!!!!

way to go joining a gym! start off slow,walking on a treadmill is good and light cardio. another thing that has helped me is light fasting. like fasting for 3 days with v8 juice, water to clean out toxins and starting back with veggies and i lost 13 lbs in 3 days doing this.
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    I decided today that I am worth more than binge eating! while looking at my 17 month old daughter i realized that she needs me around! and tomorrow i start the nicitrol inhaler and stop smoking for good! I will become more! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'm there with ya'll. I joined a gym a little over a month ago, starting my goal with 30 mins cardio 3/x week, ended up going 5 because I enjoyed it. Walking on the treadmill wasn't really that big of a deal, I started slow, just get your heart rate up for 20-30 mins and you will burn fat. You don't have to be sweating a ton or panting to do it.

In just 2 weeks I had to work harder to get my heart rate up, so my heart health was better!

Now I bumped up the speed a lot and pretty soon the treadmill won't be enough for me ( bad knee, can't run) but I started doing a lot of weight training which has totally changed how my body looks, even though I haven't lost that much weight (10 pounds). But I lost my butt shelf which for those of you who have one know how amazing that is! All from walking 45/min day at 2.5, then 2.8, now 3.0 on the treadmill and some circuit training (but not a lot).

Gain muscle and you will lose fat when you're not doing anything (according to the trainer). Eat your calories, don't starve yourself or your body will gain weight regardless of how little you eat. Eat at least 1200 calories a day PLUS your workout calories. This site helps a lot for that.

Every month your body will adjust (according to the trainer) and you'll need to "surprise" your body. I already hit that first adjustment and started weight training in earnest. I can see the difference and started losing again.

My heaviest was 297 and I started this at 273. My first goal is 191 (to have BMI under 30) and after that I'll evaluate. I don't want to be skinny... but I want to be hot! LOL

I've already had to buy new workout clothes simply because the body changes made my old workout clothes bag and fall down... even though the pounds weren't necessarily a ton lower. It's cool to see your body change.

Do a before and after - it will inspire you.

Join a group to help with that motivation and on bad days - everyone has them.
  • katrinas_way
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I was SO excited about seeing this thread- THANK YOU FOR STARTING IT :smile: I would like to be a part of this. I started my journey in November at 409lbs. I am currently 373.8lbs. My first small goal is to get to 365lbs and my first bigger goal is to get to 290. After getting to 290 I plan to work on maintaining for 6months- so it is not such a HUGE shock when I lose all my weight......so that so far is my plan. I have been trying to establish a healthier relationship with food- eating when I am hungry, stopping when I am full, and trying to fuel my body with mostly healthy things. I try to work out 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time.....

So far...so good. I look foward to getting to know you all better!
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I was SO excited about seeing this thread- THANK YOU FOR STARTING IT :smile: I would like to be a part of this. I started my journey in November at 409lbs. I am currently 373.8lbs. My first small goal is to get to 365lbs and my first bigger goal is to get to 290. After getting to 290 I plan to work on maintaining for 6months- so it is not such a HUGE shock when I lose all my weight......so that so far is my plan. I have been trying to establish a healthier relationship with food- eating when I am hungry, stopping when I am full, and trying to fuel my body with mostly healthy things. I try to work out 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time.....

So far...so good. I look foward to getting to know you all better!

way to go on the weightloss!!!!! I'm so happy you are doing something positive for YOU! I know you can do it, keep it up!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey Christy,
    It's great to see you back:flowerforyou: I doubt you remember me but I was very new when you had the last thread going and joined in then until you took a little break. I missed you when you were gone:wink: Hope you a wonderful weekend all:drinker:

FC:heart:
  • ChristyMourning
    Options
    Hey Christy,
    It's great to see you back:flowerforyou: I doubt you remember me but I was very new when you had the last thread going and joined in then until you took a little break. I missed you when you were gone:wink: Hope you a wonderful weekend all:drinker:

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am glad to be back! please come and share when you can!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hey Christy,

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am glad to be back! please come and share when you can!
    :bigsmile: