How did you find MyFitnessPal?

Options

Replies

• suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On a different weight loss site....Saw the ticker and the girl told me to take a look at this great site so I did and I'm hooked! Love it here!
  • perfectdivision
    Options
    I was doing a search for calorie counters, I heard that was a good way to loose weight... I'm not doing as well as I'd like though. Kind of getting discouraged.
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    I went to my doctor and told him that i was going to loose weight, then at my next appointment i dropped 12 pounds and he was showing me the site on his phone, so i came and checked it out.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My daughter (24 yrs) was looking to loose and signed me in here. No looking back.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Searched "diet" on the android market.... Glad I found it
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i was using another site but then i bought an iphone and wanted a site that also had an app and a barcode scanner. i tried another and didnt really like it, then saw this and tried it and fell in love and havent looked back. i tried the website first then the app and really loved them both. then the updated app made it even better.

i should add apart from having much better features and being easier to use than the other sites i was using, the community aspect is amazing. at first i didnt use it, now its my life.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Like many I found the app first. I was starting to track my food and really liked the bar code scanner and online tracking features. Didn't know anything about the community. I used the app for about a month before even coming to the forums - now I can't leave!!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My home ec teacher told me about it last year:flowerforyou:
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I found the app on my phone then went to the web site. Have been on it ever since, it has changed my life.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My daughter told me about it.
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I was also searching for a food diary app on my phone and it had good reviews in my market.
  • Rhea81
    Rhea81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A friend! Thank you, Melanie!!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My friend told me about it, thank you Aubrey!
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Signed up for a program called "Mind and Body" through my hubby's work. First coaching call, the coach talked about how people who track what they eat lose twice as much as people who don't. I told her, flat out, I wasn't writing it down in a book. (Been there, do not do that for more than a few days before I lose interest). She suggested MFP because of the phone app, but called it "myfitnesspal.com", which told me there's an online variant. Downloaded the phone app, checked out the website a day or so later. LOVE the community aspect, and I suspect it's what'll make the difference for me. (I'm kinda new here!)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    searched for calorie counter app on i phone :0)
  • gary8964
    Options
    Much like the original poster, My Nurse at the VA told me quite bluntly, I needed to make some lifestyle changes, or it would only be worse later. After a visit to the dietician (also an MFPer) I got myself on here and am quite impressed at the results so far.
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My friend, Carolyn...who got it from her son on her phone app! Thank you Carolyn!!! We are going to do this!!!
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Facebook!!
  • ttulio
    ttulio Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was looking for food tracker on my phone and chose MFP because of the size of the database and the online aspect.
  • poulingail
    Options
    :happy: My brother told me about it after he had started a few days earlier. We have a connection here.