new here and loving it

i started counting calories for the first time ever on this site when i started in dec. i have already lost 8 pounds. i searched for a counting calorie site because i got an exercise bike for christmas and i was working out all the time and not losing anything! it was very frusterating and my fiance told me it was because i was eating back the calories i was burning and that if i really wanted to lose i was not only going to have to workout but count calories as well.

so i did finally listen to him. lol and for once in his life he was right im finally starting to lose!! so far this year i have lost 8 pounds! im very excitied and hope i meet some friends here who might have any other advice or even just to keep me motivated. good luck to everyone with your goals.

today i ate 1700 calories and burned 1400 on my bike! i have a big weigh in tomorrow for the biggest loser contest at work.

sarah

Replies

• i started counting calories for the first time ever on this site when i started in dec. i have already lost 8 pounds. i searched for a counting calorie site because i got an exercise bike for christmas and i was working out all the time and not losing anything! it was very frusterating and my fiance told me it was because i was eating back the calories i was burning and that if i really wanted to lose i was not only going to have to workout but count calories as well.

so i did finally listen to him. lol and for once in his life he was right im finally starting to lose!! so far this year i have lost 8 pounds! im very excitied and hope i meet some friends here who might have any other advice or even just to keep me motivated. good luck to everyone with your goals.

today i ate 1700 calories and burned 1400 on my bike! i have a big weigh in tomorrow for the biggest loser contest at work.

sarah
  • That's a cool idea to have a biggest loser competition at work. Congrats on the 8 lbs! I have lost about the same, feels good. It's great that you had a breakthrough too. Hope your weigh in goes well! Keep it up! :happy:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    That's great! Wow 1400 calories that's alot. keep up the good work and congrats on your wedding. I see your from MO what part?
  • st. louis.

i know 1400 is a lot. i average about 800 calories burned a day on the bike since i got it. all i do is throw in movies and ride while i watch them. tonight i cycled through 4 episodes of the OC and a couple of the office.