Atkins support??

Options
Hey all... I just started Atkins again at dinner tonight. It's the only thing that works for me but it's sooo hard when you grew up eating carbs constantly! Anyone else doing it or thinking about doing it? Add me as a friend, I can use all the support I can get!

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nah! Love Carbs!
    Carb cycling is better for you than total cut.
    Most peeps that do a total cut eventually gain back due to lack of weight training and low Lean Mass.
  • aquapussy
    Options
    I agree with carb cycling, it is how I lost all my weight. I keep refined carbs low and have a carbo load
    "cheat" day once a week after an intense workout.

However if you want to stick to a purely ketogenic diet there is a great forum over on reddit for it... http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Low Carb, actually my Dr. told me to eat Low Carb.....so I do!
  • Raihaanah
    Raihaanah Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this info.
    I agree with carb cycling, it is how I lost all my weight. I keep refined carbs low and have a carbo load
    "cheat" day once a week after an intense workout.

However if you want to stick to a purely ketogenic diet there is a great forum over on reddit for it... http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • UhTania
    Options
    I have been doing a low-carb type diet very similiar to Atkins for a couple years and it works for me. I love carbs, but this seems to work best for me. I stay on the Atkins/low carb/low calorie type diet most of the time then do a cheat day of carbs every 10 days or so when I'm trying to maintain. When I want to lose, I try to go low carb/calorie counting. Always works!
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't follow Atkins but I love his book/the plan (and I think the paleo diet is essentially a more popular version of the same thing) but I do monitor my carb intake. If you need any support, have any questions, or are just looking for other low-carb friends, feel free to add me!