Turbo Jam questions

Options
I was considering getting the ChaLean Extreme set, but I am starting to chicken out due to the price and the fact that I would still need to buy weights.

I was thinking about trying out Turbo Jam first, since it is less expensive, and I understand it is easier for a beginner (which I am.) I figure, if I do well with TJ, I will get ChaLean Extreme later.

If I get Turbo Jam, do I need any equipment, like weights or bands or anything? I know that you can use weighted gloves, but they aren't necessary if you are just starting out.

Also, does it follow a schedule? I know ChaLean Extreme is a 90 day program, and I was curious to see if TJ was something scheduled out along those lines. I think I will do better if I know what I am supposed to do on which days and for how long. It helps me know when I should see results if I know the program is intended for a specific amount of time.

I am determined to get set up on a workout program, but it is a thousand times easier when it is planned out for me.

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I was considering getting the ChaLean Extreme set, but I am starting to chicken out due to the price and the fact that I would still need to buy weights.

I was thinking about trying out Turbo Jam first, since it is less expensive, and I understand it is easier for a beginner (which I am.) I figure, if I do well with TJ, I will get ChaLean Extreme later.

If I get Turbo Jam, do I need any equipment, like weights or bands or anything? I know that you can use weighted gloves, but they aren't necessary if you are just starting out.

Also, does it follow a schedule? I know ChaLean Extreme is a 90 day program, and I was curious to see if TJ was something scheduled out along those lines. I think I will do better if I know what I am supposed to do on which days and for how long. It helps me know when I should see results if I know the program is intended for a specific amount of time.

I am determined to get set up on a workout program, but it is a thousand times easier when it is planned out for me.

I have turbo jam and I love it..(havent done it in a long time) but I seriously lived by it.... I didnt get a schedule with mine...also when I ordered mine i got the bands and u do use those! I havent tried chalene extreme but Turbo jam rocks!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    i think the two are 2 totally different styles with totally different purposes. turbo jam is cardio and chalean is lifting heavy. i dont think you can compare the two.

also for chalean you can use cheap resistance bands, you dont need to buy weights
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I know they are different workouts, but I am a beginner, and anything is better than sitting around. :) I just hear that Chalene is a positive, upbeat instructor, so I am going to try these out.

I eventually want to do the CLX for strength training, but I might have to build up to it.

I will look into a nice set of bands though. Thanks for the info!