alcohol

Options
13»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I've honestly never understood the "drinking to have fun" mode of thought. Too me, drinking alcohol is no different than eating or drinking anything else.
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    no need for alcohol the thing to do is to get high on nature like mtb or rd riding. Is healthier :happy:
  • livnlite
    livnlite Posts: 520
    Options
    Seems like everyone these days feels the need to get drunk EVERY weekend. I don't see the need, I can have fun on my own without using alcohol to help. I'm 19 and have only ever drunk 3 or 4 times in my life.

Is there something wrong with me?
    Is there anyone else out there who just does not enjoy it? I don't like the taste, it makes me feel sick and dizzy.... I don't see the need? :S

Not saying that people who DO drink alcohol are bad, but I just don't get what all the hype is about :S

No, there is nothing wrong with you .. at least in regards to not wanting to get drunk every weekend. Pfffttt! You, if anything, should be commended, not just for not wanting to drink or party heavily but to do what YOU think is right, and not succome to peer pressure.

I remember what it was like, way back 'in the day'..when I partied as hard as anyone .. Then, I started feeling differently about it as I grew older. By then I was married and had a small family. Going out and getting hammered just didn't have it's same appeal. My 'freinds' used to give me a hard time about it .. because I was much more 'fun' when I drank. It didn't realy sway me to drink, because at that point my priorties had changed. That's not to say, that I NEVER had a few coctails now and then, sure I did .. Just when I felt like it, not when THEY wanted me to .. I was never one to allow peer pressure dictate anything I did.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Man people on this board are crazy....drinking is awesome.

Consequences not so much.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    Why Yes, there IS something wrong with you.

You need to understand that in today's society the trend is moving towards less individual responsibility, less maturity, and lower intelligence. By not going and and getting wasted you run the risk of being a mature, responsible, intelligent individual. You may miss out on your opportunity to participate in a rehab program. You will lose the "I'm an alcoholic" card as an excuse for your behaviour. Not sure if you are willing to risk it. :bigsmile:

lol totally agree. no nothing is wrong with you. i used to drink heavily and partied a lot from my young teens to when I turned 20. I quit drinking, became way more mature and focused on life, Went from owning nothing and partying non stop to owning a sweet house and am doing wayyy better in school! But then again maybe I was just partying way too much and wasnt able to drink responsibly. But my life is definetly better without it!
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anymore as I have an allergy to alcohol. I tend to break out in handcuffs.
  • xXKatrinaXx
    Options
    I don't drink anymore as I have an allergy to alcohol. I tend to break out in handcuffs.

lol!!! yep that happens!!!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I've never drank alcohol. Not even a drop.

Never understood why people do, but to each their own.

I've definitely never needed alcohol to have a good time with my friends and i don't understand why people waste sooooo much money on the crap, it's so fricken expensive!