Struggling :(

Really Struggling and Needing Motivation :/
friends??

Replies

• we all have days when we struggle. I know i do for sure. Everyone on here is fab and will give you help when needed. You can do this and are in the right place to get some support. As me as a friend if you wish. xxx
  • loves2tap
    loves2tap Posts: 36 Member
    i definitely have days when i struggle too. and days i do great...you can add me if you want and we can help support and motivate each other =) good luck =)
  • Well one thing is for sure you are strong enough to do this, you already done the hard part and made that first step. I wish you the best of luck, and keep pushing forward but look more at the smaller goals and revel in those victories first instead of always looking at how far you are from your goal, look at how much each little goal brings you closer to the end goal. Feel free to add me we can work at this together!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    I'm sorry your struggling. Would it help if you took things in smaller doses...like not concentrating on the big picture but on smaller goals.....heck....just get to the next meal on plan, that sort of thing?

For awhile, I had to just get to the next meal without something 'bad'. Once I did that, then it was on to the next meal until the day was over and then I would reflect on how well I did and how strong I was to resist the urge to cheat.

Can't say it ever gets easier, but it does become more familiar to do the 'right' thing vs the bad things.

Add me if you like. I could always use another friend and more support!
  • haylee1981
    haylee1981 Posts: 70 Member
    I lost my motivation weeks ago but woke up this morning deciding it's time to kick some butt. Just ordered myself the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...so lets hope I find it again as I have 5 months till my wedding day! Argh!!
  • tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    What I found that worked for me was to just take a few days and log everything I ate and all my exercise if I did any. I did this for a week or so and then took a look at just where I was standing in accordance with how many calories I should be eating, what areas I was over in or doing well in. Sometimes it would be the lunches out that would be my downfall, other times my dinners. I also found out that I had way too much time in between breakfast and lunch so I started adding a small midmorning snack so I wouldn't feel so hungry and overeat at lunch. When I knew I couldn't avoid a bigger lunch, I would make myself hit the gym so I could eat a bit more for dinner. This was a big key to my actually working out like I needed to be doing.

We are all different so experiment a bit before settling on a plan. It takes many baby steps to start seeing teh results. The weight goes on a lot quicker than it comes off if you want to see long term results. But just keep at it and we will be here to help you as we all have been in your shoes when we started out.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Trust your original decision to get fit, keep you good new habits going on faith in yourself, eventually the commitment and passion will resurface if you slug through this .