new mommy =)

Greetings!

My husband and I recently welcomed our precious baby boy into the world. This is the happiest I've ever been...aannnndddd along with that comes complacency with diet and exercise. Once an avid gym goer, I'm finding it difficult to get back there with working full-time and being a mommy and wife (among other things :)). I gained about 50 lbs with the pregnancy and lost quite a bit of muscle mass. I'm down 30 lbs thus far yet I've recently become stagnant. I'm needing some accountability buddies to lose the last 20, so voila! Here I am =) Wishing you all a successful journey and I look forward to achieving our goals together!

Replies

• sounds like me but i don't work i stay at home with the kids. i just find it difficult to be motivated to do anything! I have gained 30 since i have had my kiddos i get within 20 and i just give up almost so i will help you! i know how frustrating the last 20 can be!
  • Hi Nikki! Thanks for the add and I look forward to working together to get that last 20 off! My biggest hurdle right now is the sleep deprivation (my son doesn't sleep through the night yet) and the lack of time and energy to cook healthy foods and get to the gym. Any advice as a mama?

Deb
  • Its hard to find the time with a family, try four lol! But I have managed to get 20 pounds from my goal, and it seems like it is taking me forever to get there. So good luck I wish you the best and congrats on your new baby boy.
  • Collaza19
    Collaza19 Posts: 1 Member
    congrats on your new baby! i'm a stay at home mum and i'm havin a lot of trouble losing the excess kilos! i put on 33 kgs with my pregnancy and i lost 30 and have now put on 3! eeek! i had put on quite a bit before i fell pregnant tho so i still have about another 20kgs to lose (not sure what that is in lbs) so i will happily be one of your accountability buddies! i only signed up yesterday so still getting the hang of it, and i hear you with the sleep deprivation, my little one turns 1 in two weeks and still isn't sleeping through. i wish you lots of luck! :)
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou: This site has really helped me with losing the 60 pounds (ugh) I gained from having my little girl. Good luck, and feel free to add me if you want!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Congrats on making the decision to do this now! As a full time working mom also I fell into the trap of thinking I would take care of this when I had more time. I had also gained 50 pounds with my pregnancy and lost most of it after having him, but all of the eating out and not working out took it's toll on me, especially considering it took me 5 years to even start considering to spend time working on myself!

My best advice to you since you have a lot going on is to NOT start to big, meaning do your best to fit in a few days of exercise. As much as I would like to workout 5 to 6 days per week, it is just not logical in my schedule right now. Instead of feeling like a failure for not getting all of the days in, I just plan on 2 minimum. I'll send you a friend request!
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Congrats on your baby boy! My advice is to spend a day preparing meals or just things to eat. And buy a bunch of fruits or veggies and cut up as much as you can eat in a day or two. I love salads, so I buy the packaged salads (like mixed greens) and cut up mushrooms and bits of broccoli, so all I have to do is take a handful of greens, drop them in a bowl, add some ready to eat veggies mentioned above, add dressing, and it's good. Meal planning and preparation can go a long way, especially on those exhausting days where it's hard to do anything.

As for exercise, just don't try to do too much too soon, or you'll hurt yourself and/or burn out and you'll be worse off for it. Maybe try getting a few work out videos for being at home, so you can be by the baby while getting exercise in. It's hard to get away from the baby and while you're tired. Just ease into it. I enjoyed taking my very young kids to the zoo, because I got exercise and outside stimuation and they got fresh air. And baby wear as much as you can, even around the house. They enjoy it (and you will probably enjoy it, too), and you get the benefits of doing things with 10-20 extra pounds of weight included).

It'll get easier as the kiddo gets more mobile, since you'll be chasing them around, too. :)