Hiya! Just figured I would introduce myself

Options
Hey everyone just figured I would introduce myself since I'm new here at myfitnesspal. I only started dieting two weeks ago. I just got tired of being called fat all the time by my parents and looking at the mirror was always demoralizing so I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to do something about it.

My name is David. I am 5'11 and had a starting weight of 285lbs. It's been 2 weeks since i started and today I'm down to 275. (10lbs in 2 weeks). First week I lost 6 lbs, This past week i lost 4 lbs. Now that might seem like an unhealthy amount of weight loss for 2 weeks, but I believe most of that is just water weight because I'm eating my recommended 2000-2300 calories a day. I'm also exercising on the treadmill each day, morning and night for 30 min at a time. I've been tracking everything i eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) on a piece of paper, and I have been using myfitnesspal to track my weight loss progress.

My goal is to get down to 175-180lbs over the next year or so. It's going to be a long journey, but I'm gonna work my butt off to get there. Glad to be on board.

Replies

• BrittniKins
    BrittniKins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well Hello! My name is Brittni, 18. 5'4, starting at 241, now to 237 in just two days. it's water weight :[ Goal weight is 125, and yes it will be a LONG but WORTHY journey! I track all my stuff too, on here, I usually undereat [not purposefully!, and not by a lot but...]. Welcome welcome! :D
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great start. I am 5 7 and 218. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I'm not quite sure how old you are but I have 2 kids and they both have the gene from both sides to be fat! Neither of them really are so that's good for them.

I struggled with my weight my whole life and I had a loooooooooooooooooong time of being thin (even though I always thought I was fat) and my father would make fun of my weight when I was a kid and it actually made me eat more instead of trying to lose weight. Eventually, I did drop my weight and kept it off (more or less) until I had my last child 15 years ago.

You could add me as a friend..I love kids and I think they have a fighting chance no matter their circumstances!

It's not unhealthy that you dropped that amount of weight initially and since I'm guessing your young it will come off quicker anyway! Just keep moving forward you're doing fantastic!!!

Kathy
  • lynntfuzz
    lynntfuzz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've also had this quick weight loss 4.4 lbs in just about 5 days. I'm starting to wonder if my scale is broken, because usually I have to fight tooth and nail for every 10th of a pound. But, I am very pleased about it none the less. I just want to not get frustrated when this water weight (or whatever it is) stops dropping off and I'm back to having to celebrate the loss of a tenth of a pound. KWIM? It will get harder but it is good to know that in advance and be prepared for it and not to get frustrated when it happens.

I'm 43 and have an 8 year old daughter. I'm 5'6 and weigh 164 lbs. I'm just trying to lose maybe 15 lbs I put on in the past couple years. I've tried and tried to lose it, but I keep losing and regaining the same 5 lbs. I think MFP will really help get passed that.

Please feel free to add me!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hola! Your family LOVES YOU! Tough love... sometimes it takes tough love to push through something. My man told me I was getting fat once and I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "I know. You're right." That's when I stopped all the crazy partying and started cleaning up my act. Tough love. I'm a fan!
  • artemis222
    artemis222 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Whatever your goals and trials I wish you all the best! You can do this! :D
  • vanmoose
    vanmoose Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is awesome and will help you along your way! The best of luck to you on your journey! If you'd like feel free to add me as a friend!

10474945.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xsimplytwistedx
    xsimplytwistedx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp ! Your starting off great ! Keep it up. More motivation the better. Mfp is filled with great people to help you along. Good luck on your journey . I'll add you
  • mancbird81
    mancbird81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm 30, 5'4" and 176lbs (lost 24lbs since August) my weight loss has slowed from 3-2lbs a week to 1lb a week but a loss is a loss and I am the fittest I've ever been.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Laura
    x
  • xhellokittycatx
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!! What a great start!