Core Body Reformer

Options
Anyone try the Core Body reformer? Of course I'm getting sucked into the info-mercial. I'm too gullible!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Anyone try the Core Body reformer? Of course I'm getting sucked into the info-mercial. I'm too gullible!
    Any exercise is better than none, however most "gadgets" are bought by people who will never use them for an extended period of time. Over 85% of home equipment is used as a clothes hanger.
    You can do yoga for free at home. If you aren't willing to do it for free, then getting a contraption won't motivate you to do it either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Any exercise is better than none, however most "gadgets" are bought by people who will never use them for an extended period of time. Over 85% of home equipment is used as a clothes hanger.
    You can do yoga for free at home. If you aren't willing to do it for free, then getting a contraption won't motivate you to do it either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH. I'm so guilty of this myself.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    But that isn't "all" people. I am not one of those that uses my exercise equipment as clothes hangers. I really use it, and I know this was posted a long time ago but I just saw it recently and I liked the concept of it and the portability of it as well.
  • OhioGirl48
    OhioGirl48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought a Total Gym from an infomercial on TV. I injured myself using it several years ago and it's sitting in my garage. Total waste of my money. I just started Pilates with an instructior as part of physical therapy for Achilles tendonitis and plan to continue when PT is finished. I joined an active adult center for over 50 for only $2/year and plan to add cardio exercises there as soon as I'm finished with physical therapy. I feel safer using programs with professional instructors who know what they're doing.
  • zumbacyndi
    zumbacyndi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have purchased it, really enjoy using it, and it does NOT sit in my closet like a clothes hanger. I used to take Pilates classes but the cost is just too high to maintain, and this product works at home and can be stored easily. I give it a thumbs up from my personal experience!
  • shanekia1121
    Options
    I am really thinking of getting this. I haven't bought any exercise equipment, but cost me over 500 to maintain my gym membership including daycare, last year alone. Can anyone tell me more about the results (loss of inches and lbs)?
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just ordered and received one. I'm 66 and joined in January. When I was younger I had an extraordinary body but thought I never exercised. I did however like to play seeing how much my body would do. Well I watched the dvd and it does all of the things I used to play doing. I had the hardest flatest stomach you have ever seen and the sleekest longest muscles. This thing is for real. If you do this your body will be reshaped. Mine sure will be again. I'm starting today on my ab section - there are three but I'm taking it easy and starting with the midsection because it will tighten the tummy and make the back stronger. I'm 5'7" - used to be 5' 8 1/2" and the cords will stretch perfectly for me - I tried it.