New Work-Out Ideas??

Options
I'm looking for some new work-out ideas. I have been plateaued for about a month now, keep losing the same pound or two, then gaining it, then losing it, etc...I have tried eating more calories, eating less calories, zig-zagging...Nothing. :grumble: I really haven't changed my work-out that much, so I am wondering if that is the reason. I love step-aerobics, so that is mainly what I do. 60 minutes 6 days a week. With step, I feel that is the only cardio workout that really gets my heart rate up to where I feel like I am really working. I use a 9-inch step-height. I have tried other work-out videos like Turbo Jam, Cardio Max, etc... and find them almost to easy, like I am not getting my heart rate up enough. Does anyone have any ideas of either new work-outs I can try or any ways to break out of this plateau?:explode: I am open to just about anything...Oh, and I have tried working on machines (treadmill, bike, elliptical) and I just can't get into it. I loathe working out on machines. I need a video with music and such to really motivate me.

109912.png

Replies

• weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm looking for some new work-out ideas. I have been plateaued for about a month now, keep losing the same pound or two, then gaining it, then losing it, etc...I have tried eating more calories, eating less calories, zig-zagging...Nothing. :grumble: I really haven't changed my work-out that much, so I am wondering if that is the reason. I love step-aerobics, so that is mainly what I do. 60 minutes 6 days a week. With step, I feel that is the only cardio workout that really gets my heart rate up to where I feel like I am really working. I use a 9-inch step-height. I have tried other work-out videos like Turbo Jam, Cardio Max, etc... and find them almost to easy, like I am not getting my heart rate up enough. Does anyone have any ideas of either new work-outs I can try or any ways to break out of this plateau?:explode: I am open to just about anything...Oh, and I have tried working on machines (treadmill, bike, elliptical) and I just can't get into it. I loathe working out on machines. I need a video with music and such to really motivate me.

109912.png
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Davina McCall's High Intensity Workout is very good and designed to be suitable for all levels- just push yourself as hard as you can. The woman has an amazing figure and it's based on army training. You can get it from amazon.co.uk
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Looks like you have had some amazing results so far!

Your workout sounds like it should be enough to continue losing fat. Your diet most likely needs the adjustment. Not sure if you already track salt and sugar, but this usually helps clean up some of those calories. I had the same problem of not having any progress recently. I cleaned my diet up, and started losing fat again. Cutting back on the sugar will also get rid of some of those bad carbs and replace with good carbs.

Hope this helps, good luck and keep it up! You look great.
  • USMCWIFELCpl
    Options
    I use hip hop abs.
    Its a fun and upbeat program with up to date music that they dance to and you follow along!
  • jersygirl09
    Options

109912.png

Have you tried any of the Tony Horton workouts? He does a great program called P90X. Go to www.beachbody.com and look at some of that stuff, Tony kicks my butt 6 days a week, I love the workouts and I'm finally losing the weight that I haven't been able to get off for 2 years.