Perspective

Options

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of eating whole foods but, to echo some of the other posters....

What exactly is the problem with whole eggs, bacon, and steak?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

assuming identical macros and cals weight loss will be the same or minutely different

^ This.

The premise of your post (OP) is false and this thread (and the replies in it) serve as a good example why one person's "heatlhy" is an ambiguous term. Fortunately, thermodynamics isn't.

EDIT: Furthermore, to indulge this concept taken to a more extreme degree: If you were to take one diet consisting of whole foods and another consisting of a very simple diet that is completely lacking in micros but with the same macro total, and expand this over a long time, then EVENTUALLY I would expect the person lacking in micros to have severe health issues, some of which could interfere with weight/metabolism -- but you'd need to have an idiotic diet and over the course of enough time for micronutrient deficiencies to develop.

In closing though, I stand by my first statement.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    STOP PICKING ON CYNTHIA!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I know that Jane will lose weight (and fat) at a faster pace than Cynthia will even though they will consume the same amount of calories.

No, you don't KNOW, you BELIEVE.

And you would be wrong.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I must be some sort of weird cow/potato hybrid.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Actually, you are wrong.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options

lee2.jpg
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

lee2.jpg

See what I mean!?!?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories. They consume the same amount of calories (and have a similar TDEE), they will generally lose at the same pace.

Being healthy is about nutrients. Neither of those hypothetical diets are unhealthy. They both contain a variety of nutrients.

Perspective gained.
  • manjingirl
    manjingirl Posts: 188 Member
    Options

lee2.jpg

See what I mean!?!?
    I certainly agree about the weird bit
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I know that Jane will lose weight (and fat) at a faster pace than Cynthia will even though they will consume the same amount of calories.

No, you don't KNOW, you BELIEVE.

And you would be wrong.

^This^
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    So you're saying that its okay that creamer has all these additives so it can taste like creamer? There are 40 different names for msg, look them up and see what it does to your brain. Then look up GMO... its GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISM... your saying its okay to drink genetically modified creamer? Why would all these ingredients need to be in creamer anyway? shouldnt we just be drinking milk and it say Ingredients: Milk. (even these days milk isnt great for you because they inject it with STERIODS and HORMONES)

Educate yourself, watch movies, read articles, do some research.

This is my favorite part of the thread.

OP educate yourself. You are wrong on MANY of your points.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    *sneaks in to hide in the corner to follow the thread*
    *also eats some popcorn*
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    *also eats some popcorn*
    As long as you don't put any delicious butter on it.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    *also eats some popcorn*
    As long as you don't put any delicious butter on it.
    damn, i did. its going to stall my weight loss isnt it? :(
  • blairsselme
    Options
    happy.gif

Perspective (from Latin perspicere, to see through) in the graphic arts, such as drawing, is an approximate representation, on a flat surface (such as paper), of an image as it is seen by the eye. The two most characteristic features of perspective are that objects are drawn:

* Smaller as their distance from the observer increases
    * Foreshortened: the size of an object's dimensions along the line of sight are relatively shorter than dimensions across the line of sight
  • Sridenbaugh
    Options
    bah such negativity....

Subject is perspective... this is my perspective based on the knowledge ive learned...
    Also if your going to be negative dont reply.

My point was this and only this:

eating 1400 calories of whole foods will not give you the same results of eating a 1400 calorie diet of junk food. take it or leave it.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bah such negativity....

Subject is perspective... this is my perspective based on the knowledge ive learned...

eating 1400 calories of whole foods will not give you the same results of eating a 1400 calorie diet of junk food. take it or leave it.

How is any of this "junk food":

Breakfast: bagel with a little cream cheese, one piece of bacon and one egg. coffee with french vanilla creamer and water.

Snack: Kellogs 90 calorie bar. water

Lunch: 2 slices of pizza cheese only. water

Snack: protein shake. water

Dinner: Steak and veggies. water
  • Sridenbaugh
    Options
    bah such negativity....

How is any of this "junk food":

Breakfast: bagel with a little cream cheese, one piece of bacon and one egg. coffee with french vanilla creamer and water.

Snack: Kellogs 90 calorie bar. water

Lunch: 2 slices of pizza cheese only. water

Snack: protein shake. water

Dinner: Steak and veggies. water

I WAS JUST THROWING FOOD OUT THERE. MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE JUST PUT SIMPLE CARB SIMPLE CARB SIMPLE CARB FAT FAT FAT FAT FAT SO PEOPLE WOULDNT TAKE THIS SO LITERALLY.
  • auctoritas
    Options
    But fat food ISN'T junk food. Weight loss aside, a diet high in fat (though necessarily low in carbs) can be as good or better for your body than a diet high in carbs. Ketoers, for example, eat up to 70% of their daily calories in fat - whole eggs, lots of butter, tallow, lard, and coconut oil, veggies, steak, etc, and most of us lose weight FAST and in general, our cholesterol and fasting glucose levels look great. The difference is that we treat carbs as junk rather than fat, which is what (some) high carb diets do.

While I agree that "whole" foods are better than "junk" foods, I think your definition of junk food is wrong.