Best thing about a 500 calorie diet

_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
is when you finally figure out was the absolutely WORST idea that ever came out of your head ...

(yeah, it took me 5 weeks to figure out it wasn't for my body type at all, not in the least bit, <politically correct> but definitely can work for someone who's dr creates it for them </politically correct>)

... upping your daily diet to 1200 good calories, a 150% increase, is effing AWESOME. And the freaking weight is falling off.

I'm only 1 1/2 lbs from my 1st goal weight of 140. Then another 10 to my real goal weight of 130. And then another 5 lbs to my there-is-no-way-i-will-ever-weight-that-again of 125lbs.

I'm just happy today. :drinker:

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    my breakfast today is 685. and that's only my first breakfast so far.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I am happy to hear that you have found something that is working for you! :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    This is the best post I've read all day! You rock. :flowerforyou:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Nice post! I clicked on it expecting something entirely different lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Awesome! Amen to more than doubling that #.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    is when you finally figure out was the absolutely WORST idea that ever came out of your head ...

(yeah, it took me 5 weeks to figure out it wasn't for my body type at all, not in the least bit, <politically correct> but definitely can work for someone who's dr creates it for them </politically correct>)

... upping your daily diet to 1200 good calories, a 150% increase, is effing AWESOME. And the freaking weight is falling off.

I'm only 1 1/2 lbs from my 1st goal weight of 140. Then another 10 to my real goal weight of 130. And then another 5 lbs to my there-is-no-way-i-will-ever-weight-that-again of 125lbs.

I'm just happy today. :drinker:

129159452134262788.jpg
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Yaaay! I like a good 500 calorie MEAL.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Yes yes yes and yes! I wasn't eating 500 but was netting around 800, telling myself that was my goal each day and allowing myself to go up to 1000 on weekends. Well my weight loss stalled. It took me a lot of convincing to up my cals but now that I have the weight is falling off. I am seriously stoked!
  • this is very good to hear - I just increased mine today to about 1850 - up about 600-700.

I read some "Biggest Loser" cookbook/plan advice, and it suggests your calorie goal for weight loss is your CW x 7. I was eating about 1,000-1,200 per day and although I was losing, I think my body was holding onto everything - in essence I was starving myself... So, I will try this new limit for a while to see how it goes...Congrats!!
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    I am sooo happy to hear that you decided a 500 calorie diet was NOT a good thing! Puts you into starvation mode. Who would have ever thought that increasing your calories could cause you to lose weight! What a concept!

It's a hard habit to break, but you'll feel so much better now that you're eating more! Trust me... I've been there! :flowerforyou:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    It's a hard habit to break, but you'll feel so much better now that you're eating more! Trust me... I've been there! :flowerforyou:

Me too, and you DEFINITELY feel MUCH better when eating more!

Way to go on your realization, OP! *clap*
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Good for you! I can't imagine 500 cals a day! A friend of mine is using HCG and is limited to 500 cals...she eats almost nothing everyday...ridiculous! So glad you are feeding your body, you will be rewarded!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Great post. This should be stickied and referenced in the faq.

Yay food! So glad you're getting to eat and lose weight! So much better than barely eating, feeling awful, and hardly losing. Yay food!

And yay you!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member

rh1ili.jpg
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I don't know you, but I'm proud of you.
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,012 Member
    The weight loss is your body's way of saying THANK YOU for feeding me! So happy for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    This is good!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Lmao!!!! My alcohol tonight will be upwards 600 cals. Damn, I'm over your old limit by 100, and halved your daily goal for today!!
    No wonder I'm stuck at 5'6" and 139!!!
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    I misread the title at first. To read best thing about a 500 calorie defecit!!

I'm already passed 500 calories by 9am. :D
  • My current weight is 140 goal weight is 120. 120 x 7 = 840!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats is? My 6 pound cat gets more calories than that!