Alcohol :)

Options
2»

Replies

• jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If im in the mood for beer i go for michelob ultra: 95 cals 3 carbs vs miller or bud which is around the same cals..110 but has 6 carbs. Silver tequila is one of my favorites if im at home..for a skinny margarita use 1 can of diet sprite, or sierra mist... 1 oz silver tequila, and add a splash of crystal light lemonade (any flavor can work, strawberry kiwi and fruit punch are good but a little too sweet for me) add about 1/8 cup of lime juice..however much you want depending if you like sweeter drinks or not..add some ice and blend. only 75 calories. But if im out and cant make my own drinks i usually stick to michelob ultra, or diet coke and rum.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wine, wine, wine! If you're going to drink, it's the best bang for your buck. Sometimes I'll splurge and go for a super dry champagne and sip slowly.

Also, a chilled shot of tequila with a salted rim is something I love to sip slowly.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you like good beer, why would you stop drinking it? just cut your consumption down to half. drink a little less through the week. make up some rules like "only one beer during/after dinner" or "only beer on the weekend" if you need a little help cutting down. ration your beer too. like, just buy yourself a six pack, and that is your beer for the week.
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also love beer...sadly, there are at least 120 calories per pop. So like what others suggested, I drink vodka. Or when I am really craving it, I'll just jump on the elliptical for 15 more minutes just to get my beer. :laugh:

^ Done that...
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but if you are a heavy drinker, forget it.
    If not, don't worry - 2 beers a few times a week won't do much - enjoy!

I drink a glass of vino just about every night. Log it in and forget it.
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
  • lilac_meddow
    Options
    No Idea on the calories for this but try a shot of Watermelon vodka with soda water and squeeze a wedge of lime into it. Tastes just like a jolly rancher!
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Same for me, I am crazy about beers :drinker: but it is once a week. By beer, I mean Begian special ones (double brown:love: ), not the kind of Heinenken, Stella-Artois and so on. One beer is about 120 cal and they are strong (8-10°) and kind of make you full. I try a new one every week...have 20 years to go. I always make a crazy run on that day (-2500 cal) so that I can get the full pack of peanuts (1500 cal) with it. What I mean is that if you love beers, you have to get some. You have to plan a way to afford it as you will come back to it anyway. Consider you did something wrong if it was "impulsive". I was surprised as everyone talks about the beer belly but the calories are not that high.

Another solution is to get so many that you throw them out :embarassed: ... I am out:bigsmile:
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    champagne is my favorite drink ever but its full of sugar - i have a worst hangover from the sugar than from the alcohol!!!

Trying to stick to martinis now - but they get me too drunk too quickly which is very dangerous as then i lose my willpower and indulge in decadent deserts!!!! its a lose-lose! :(
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I drink Bacardi Limon miked with water and a squeeze of lemon! No calories in water!
  • ARMom8251
    Options
    Jack and coke zero or straight gentleman jack has been my alcoholic beverage of choice.

Ahhh this is my favorite...about the only thing I drink, very good choice ;-)
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to have two beers at the end of the day, I make sure I've got the calories available on my log for it.
    Or... I wait for "cheat" day. :)

Cheers!
  • engineman312
    Options
    this reminds me! tomorrow the jets and giants are playing right after each other!! going to go buy a six pack of magic hat!
  • engineman312
    Options
    this reminds me! tomorrow the jets and giants are playing right after each other!! going to go buy a six pack of magic hat!
  • PamelaB43
    PamelaB43 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Do you like beer? I know alcohol has empty calories and how I love the margaritas and strawberry fruity sugar stuff but I am now trying to stick with 100 calorie beer like MGD 64 or Jose Cuervo is also 100 calories. A lot of the drinks now you can find in low calories but keep in mind since they are empty calories moderation is the key.. You can't go crazy when you are trying to lose. Also I think they clearer the drink the better.. This is just info I have learned throughout the yrs of my up and down journey with weight loss and talking to different people and reading. Now I am hoping my weight loss stays down period! :smile: