Aquafit Enquiry

Hello,

I am doing Aquafit next week for the first time, I have signed up for two sessions per week lasting an hour each.

I would like to ask MFP members about their experiences with Aquafit: does it produce good results, is it fun etc?

Thank you :smile:

Replies

• MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    I liked it, definately different form of your everyday exercise and it's low impact. When I did it years ago, my endurance improved but I didn't see much weightloss.

It's fun it your instructors fun...you can also increase the intensity by wear the water booties (seriously) and they have special webbed gloves that you can usually buy from the pool that will increase intensity. OR, you could look into the bootcamp aquafit, I heard thats an intense workout.

hmmm...I think I will go next week too.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    The first time that I lost 50lbs, I started out by doing aquafit. Five days a week I'd do aquafit in the evening for an hour. I'm like a fish though, despite my being overweight I've never let it stop me from putting on a suit. I wasn't comfortable at first in the gym itself on the machines etc. so I did this. Plus it feels good on the joints and is low impact. It was fun, and it's one of those things, it's as hard as you make it. you can slack and bop around and not push yourself, or you can go hard and really get a good workout in. The only thing I found annoying was there was lots of regulars when I started that seem to be there for more of a social hour than a workout, I just made sure to splash lots around them (hahaha) so they'd clear the way. I had work a workout to get done, if you wanna chat it up, there's a coffee shop down the street. :)
  • @klynn81 so true. I get so sick of the people that go and just chat through the whole class. I'm there to exercise and they're always in the way. I go 6 days a week, sometimes for 2 hours. I'm finding now that my skin is destroyed from all the chlorine. I'm going to spend tomorrow morning in a t-shirt saturated in vaseline to try and get some moisture back into my skin before my next class.