Will this affect?

Options
I normally have an alright diet, not often above my calories although some poor choices, I've only just started 5 days ago though, so I'm easing in.

Problem is I often only have 2 meals a day at most. I'm eating when I'm hungry, but I'm not hungry much (strange for someone as fat as me i know!) but is this going to be causing a problem? Would I be better forcing myself to eat more regularly?

I've read mixed opinions, some have said eat when hungry, others saying eat regularly no matter what, and i'm confused :(

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Eat when you are hungry and stay within your goals. Don't stuff yourself though. :drinker:
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Without being able to view your diary it is hard to comment but I think the most significant thing you have said is you do make poor choices. It is really good to recognize that! I suggest that you make a conscious effort to make good choices! If that means 2 meals a day, but you eat well and healthily then that is good!
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is calories in and calories out. There have been several studies that have been published in the last 2 years which thoroughly debunked the if you don' eat breakfast/3 meals/5 meals every day your metabolism will slow down myth. Personally, depending on my schedule I eat 1-2 meals a day, but a lot of small healthy snacks throughout the day. I eat when I am hungry and try not to eat any empty calories.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When my doctor wanted me to try to lose some weight, he sent me to a dietician. One of the tips she gave me was to begin eating breakfast. Now, I always knew that I should do that, but that is one of the things I now do that I didn't do in the past, and it seems to have made a difference for me. I can't go without eating breakfast now.
    Kaye
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is something that affects everyone psychologically differently. It offers no biological advantage to weight loss, but it may help you with cravings later on.

I never eat breakfast, and never have. I'd rather have those extra calories later on when i really want them.

I skip breakfast, have a small lunch, a big dinner, then snacks before bed.