I made the leap...

Options
To 1600/cals a day. :noway:

I started at 1200 (recommended for me to lose 2lbs per week) and lost nothing. I upped to 1400 (recommended for me to lose 1.5lbs per week) and have been stalled for 3 weeks. I have now upped it ONCE AGAIN to 1600 cals a day (recommended for me to lose 1lb per week). We will see if this will work. :grumble:

Hehe... I'm not really that upset, I LOVE FOOD. And if I have to eat more of it to lose weight, I should have started this program a long time ago. :laugh: :wink:

I am not at all discouraged, I love the way I feel now and I love learning about what my body needs! I just get a teeny bit envious when I see people dropping these pounds doing the same thing I am. :cry: I also plan to go see a doctor, because it seems unnatural to be doing everything right (water, exercise, nutrition etc) and not lose. Its a mathematical impossibility. :tongue:

Replies

• Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I started at 1200 (recommended for me to lose 2lbs per week) and lost nothing. I upped to 1400 (recommended for me to lose 1.5lbs per week) and have been stalled for 3 weeks. I have now upped it ONCE AGAIN to 1600 cals a day (recommended for me to lose 1lb per week). We will see if this will work. :grumble:

Hehe... I'm not really that upset, I LOVE FOOD. And if I have to eat more of it to lose weight, I should have started this program a long time ago. :laugh: :wink:

I am not at all discouraged, I love the way I feel now and I love learning about what my body needs! I just get a teeny bit envious when I see people dropping these pounds doing the same thing I am. :cry: I also plan to go see a doctor, because it seems unnatural to be doing everything right (water, exercise, nutrition etc) and not lose. Its a mathematical impossibility. :tongue:
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    let us know how it goes!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Yes I would suggest to you about making a doctor appointment and just to see what is going on and maybe see if they have any suggesttions. Its worth a shot anyways. I have a physical and even though I have been loosing weight Im still going to ask a list of quesitons. Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

How much excercise are you getting in daily? I had to really really push 60min-2hrs of cardio 7 days a week
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give up after only a 3 weeks stall. you should still lose at 1600, but for your weight and the amount you'd like to lose, you should be fine at 1400. It may just be a matter of changing up the foods you are eating, or the types of exercise you are doing.
  • EducatedVegan
    Options
    Don't give up!

Yes, you're right, that's mathematically impossible. Are you measuring EVERY portion of your food? That's most people's downfall is that they're underestimating. Don't estimate 2 Tbsp of cream cheese, be sure and get the actual tablespoon out and don't heap!

Hope this helps
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    i agree with kerri!! perhaps you need to switch up the exercise too!!! try more weights or new machines you dont normally use...stairs? elliptical? bike? instead of walking?

for example if you normally do 45 min cardio and 15 min weights switch it to 45 minutes of weights and 15 of cardio for about 4 weeks.... see if that helps you any... exercise is like the food and calories we eat... you can hit a plateau with working out :)
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    dont be shocked if your doctor says your normal- Cause mine did we checked everything and its all good I have been trying to lose the same lbs for awhile- .

How intense are you working out? Are you eating healthy foods? How is your fiber intake? are you dropping inches? How many calories are you burning when you workout

My goal is to burn 3500 a week (this past week I burned over 5000 and I dropped 3lbs between eating my reccomended calories and working out)

Remember it takes 3500 calories to gain or lose a lb.