Mood Swings

From PMS. Who else gets these? I woke up angry as f-ck, then I was so excited and happy, then angry again, and now completely down in the dumps. I want to cry as we speak.

I hate it. How do you deal?

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    I am the exact same way. I get every symptom in the book.

I don't really know how to deal, aside from taking PMS meds like Midol. So......BUMP!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Moodiest *kitten* on the planet!! I throw things at walls when I'm in a bad mood. I don't get pms because I haven't had Tom in over 8 months due to pcos but that causes my hormones to go haywire!!

Men have it so easy!
  • there is a tablet called vitex at the health store will totally take away all hormonal symptoms in 2 months, worked for me
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Goodness, I get this way too some times. My boyfriend knows even before I do when I'm about to get my period. lol It's funny how things that wouldn't bother you otherwise become HUGE deals and stuff that would never otherwise make you cry or angry are so fast to trigger those emotions. My mother calls it "The Curse" (as I'm sure many mothers do lol), and she's right. It feels like a total curse. That one week a month tests my relationship like nothing else on the planet. lol It's hard for me to take a breath and look at myself from an outside perspective during those times. I see me acting like a stranger and I hate it.

I hear there are herbs one can take that help balance out the hormones that get out of whack during That Time of the Month. There are even some over the counter medications too. I don't personally take any of those, but I do light Yoga, stretches, and light meditation when the symptoms get bad and that really helps me. It helps me calm myself, balance my emotions, and get "centered".
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    I don't really get swings. If I wake up in a bad mood, I'm pretty much that way all day unless something out of the ordinary happens to turn it around. I mostly feel in control of my emotions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/779-periods-period
    This might help.