DVD Fitness for 55 +

Options
Hello everyone, does anyone know of a good fitness DVD for older ladies in their 50s?
I'm doing the 30 day shred but I find a bit to hard on my knees .
I have lost 4 pounds in a week but I find my self way out of breath and can hardly catch up to those young ladies :blushing:

Replies

• IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy fitness videos are pretty low stress, and probably include a more challenging post-baby section for when you are more fit.
  • zee1957
    zee1957 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about that, thanks for the info.
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't know if she's come out with anything recently lol, but I used to do some Jane Fonda low impact aerobics tapes. Often they would have a few people doing it with more intensity, and then a few doing it with even lower intensity. I think just browse DVDs that are considered low impact and you should be able to find something that looks appealing. :)

I don't know if these are on DVDs at all but Dance Away Get Fit With the Hits was always fun... lol I even liked doing those when I was younger, and they have varied musical genres.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The leslie sasone "Walk away the pounds" DVD's are pretty good for starting out.
  • fitnessmonthly
    fitnessmonthly Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Truly look at collagevideo you can preview most dvds.
    Leslie sansone 5 big miles is awesome. Denise Austin is bringing out a new dvd called shape and shred which maybe good too ,she has an annoying voice but she does have a good collection of dvds.
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I just ordered the 30 day shred and I'm over 55! I watched the preview on youtube.com so I know to skip the part on my knees but the rest I think I'm good with!