Im Soo mad at myself

Options
When i started this about 4 weeks ago i was watching what i was eating...
Also on the weekends... I lost about 8 lbs... Now i got it back :frown:

I ate like a PIG this past weekend.... oh im so mad :mad:

I gained back 6 lbs.

If anyone has any helpful words that could help me stay on track i would really love to hear them :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• carolstrange0
    Options
    When i started this about 4 weeks ago i was watching what i was eating...
    Also on the weekends... I lost about 8 lbs... Now i got it back :frown:

I ate like a PIG this past weekend.... oh im so mad :mad:

I gained back 6 lbs.

If anyone has any helpful words that could help me stay on track i would really love to hear them :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    whining....complaining...crying..moaning....we all do it..I do it, you do it...well...most of us do it....
    does it do any good? sure, we get positive feedback, we get support, maybe it makes us feel better...venting can be good...but does it change the situation that made us whine?

I used to have a teacher in grade school who was probably the most positive person I have ever met...I remember her always saying to us when someone whined or complained...OK..now..what can we do about it? Move towards the solution instead of dwelling on the pity pot

next time you go over on your calories or want to complain that the dang scale will not budge....take only 5 minutes and do something physical...sit ups or windmills or jumping jacks...you will do several things...burn some calories...get some endorphins kicking which elevates your mood and it is all positive...in the time it takes to log on here and type out your latest dilemma, you can instead DO SOMETHING that will help....keep on moving!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it is water. In order for you to have gained 6lbs you would have to have eaten 7000 calories per day above your maintenance cals. That is a lot- unless you've been consuming blooming onions and chilli cheese fries everday :wink:
  • carolstrange0
    Options
    Nope sorry no Bloomin Onion and no Fries....

THANKS GUYS!!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    some/most/all of it could be water weight, get back on the wagon, drink lots of water

and weigh in after 3/4 days or a week if you can wait that long and it wont seem as bad as you think :heart:
  • Istillgotit
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. What is done, is done. Unfortunately you have to chalk this one up to experience. I always tell my husband to just start making better choices here and now. He also likes the week ends "off" and has the same problem. If he is going out with the guys and wants to eat what ever he chooses I push him to go to the gym and work off the calories before he goes out. That way he has more calories to play with because he burned them off earlier in the day. I love to work out before I go out with the girls. Then I can relax while I am out. But, keep your chin up and remember that today is a new day.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    whining....complaining...crying..moaning....we all do it..I do it, you do it...well...most of us do it....
    does it do any good? sure, we get positive feedback, we get support, maybe it makes us feel better...venting can be good...but does it change the situation that made us whine?

I used to have a teacher in grade school who was probably the most positive person I have ever met...I remember her always saying to us when someone whined or complained...OK..now..what can we do about it? Move towards the solution instead of dwelling on the pity pot

next time you go over on your calories or want to complain that the dang scale will not budge....take only 5 minutes and do something physical...sit ups or windmills or jumping jacks...you will do several things...burn some calories...get some endorphins kicking which elevates your mood and it is all positive...in the time it takes to log on here and type out your latest dilemma, you can instead DO SOMETHING that will help....keep on moving!

:laugh: I was about to tell her to read your post! :laugh: