Replies

• cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I agree ... totally...
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only go to the 24/hour walmarts extremely late at night if im awake or early in the morning. i just cannot take the environment and dealing with the people that shop and work there. it's exhausting but i love the low prices
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yup! I normally log about 5,000 steps in a single Walmart trip doing the "Walmart Circle" (having to go to every corner of the store to get everything I need!)
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options

2. Hit The Produce Department First

Though there are plenty of unhealthy options available, bananas are a top-selling item at Wal-Mart. And there’s a good reason for that. Wal-Mart’s produce is notoriously reasonably priced! In fact, a 2005 study found that Wal-Mart offers many identical food items priced about 15% to 25% lower than traditional supermarkets. “A healthy shopping cart is filled with lots of produce in deep green, red, orange, and yellow colors,” says Caplan—and that can include a few of Wal-Mart’s organic options, like lettuce and apples. If your cart is full of produce, there’s less room to stock up on chips, candy, or anything else that may wreck your diet. Be on the lookout for even more local fruits and veggies too! Last fall, Wal-Mart set a goal to double the amount of locally grown produce it sells in US stores by the end of 2015. When it reaches that goal, local produce will account for 9% of all the produce it sells.

Maybe this was true in 2005 but I know many stores in my area that sell produce, as well as most other grocery items, at a lower
    price than Walmart. I never shop there for groceries. I can always beat their prices elsewhere.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I agree about the Walmart prices. Political reason keep me away but WINCO in Oregon has far better prices on groceries.