Clarification on ST please

Options
I read am article yesterday on the importance of doing strength training only on days of shorter cardio. Can this include my 30-45 min HIIT cardio that I do or is it too much?

Also is circuit training like 30d shred considered strength training or can I do this on long cardio days too?

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Wow! Kudos to you for choosing such intensive workouts. I don't have any answers for you. Now that I'm over 55, I think I should caution you young folks to treat your joints well so they will last you a lifetime. Happy HIIT-ing.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    HIIT shouldn't be 30-45 minutes. That's way too long, steady state stuff. You might be doing intervals, but HIIT should be 20 minutes at the absolute maximum. Circuit training is resistance training; you can do both in one day, you just run a risk of overreaching. If you stop making gains or feel sore/run down/difficulty sleeping, then separate your workouts.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    One of the HIIT workouts I do is Turbo Fire HIIT 30 which lasts 30 mins... though I suppose there's a short warm up