Would love some friends on MFP!

Options
Hey everyone, My name is Morgan and I'm quite new here on my fittness pal and would love some new friends and good motivation to keep me going on my journey! I'm 19 years old and its my first year in college studying nursing and I put on my freshman 15 right away! I am 5' 8" and weigh 180lbs and would like to get down too about 140lbs... I'm boardedlined with health issues with high cholestorol and know the only way to lower that is to diet and exercise. I'm trying to change some bad habits and making a new life with a healthy lifestyle! I'm actually loosing weight right by my mom's side... She is signed up through this site also and has a goal off losing over 100 lbs. We are eachothers support at home but I would love some other support though friends on MFP!

Sincerely,
Morgan!

Replies

• tillyborn68
    tillyborn68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's great to read that you and your mom are supporting each other, and working on making healthier changes. I just started a few days ago, so I don't have everything up yet, but I just wanted to say keep up the good work!:smile:
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me..
  • mbennett26
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I've been on here for about the past month and so far so good! I had a baby in June 2010 and ended up losing and gaining again. So Ive got about 30lbs to go....
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I am pretty new as well, but am here for support if you need it. I am a nurse, so I totally understand what you're going through. I also gained weight in college (I'm graduated and in grad school right now but am finally trying to kick my bum back into shape!). Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • moxley20
    Options
    hey! i'm 5'8" too and about 180 looking to get down to 140 :) good luck! this site is great
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
    I'm 64 have been on here for 300 days as of today. I'm 5.8 1/2, and am slowly wending my way down to 150!
    You have most definitely come to the right site. I have 2 daughters on here, so I think it's great that you are doing this with your mom as well!
  • rsull422
    rsull422 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a great site. I've enjoyed meeting a few people on here. Feel free to add me as well!
  • E11eLu
    E11eLu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been a member for ages but have only really started using MFP in the last 2 weeks :)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Add me if you like.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow soon to be nurse, welcome to MFP
  • nukehiker
    Options
    i have been here close to a year and love it here ! great people and input. feel free to add me.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you would like
  • akyraj2006
    akyraj2006 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp!!! it's nice to see that you are starting your journey early. i am 23 and i waited so long to get started. now i have to lose 100lbs but i am on my way. and it is nice that you have your mother as support. a team effort gets you farther along... feel free to add me. i will support you in any way i can!! :)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi Morgan! I'm also a freshman (again--getting my second degree in an unrelated field than my first one) and am also in my 180s. Very cool that your mom is also on this site with you...it certainly helps to have a real-life motivator, though MFP is obviously an awesome motivator, too. Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    welcome. feel free to add me.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Hi Morgan, I'm also fairly new to the site, 182lbs and trying to get to about 150. Feel free to add me, always nice to have people for motivation and to encourage you.
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if u like
  • StephEwell
    StephEwell Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I want new friends too!
  • xsimplytwistedx
    xsimplytwistedx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    awesome to see you and your mom working together to handle the challenges.helps alot. my wife introduced me to the site.since shes done so well.im in my first week eating right and have done well so far and have met alot of good people.so add me up .the more the merrier.
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me if you like.