Weird food combinations

Options

Replies

• AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Fries+ketchup+milk...

Flamin' hot cheetos dipped in sour cream :)
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Omlette with avacado and cheese
    Scambled eggs and refried beans
    peanut butter and marshmallow cream on graham crackers
    pickle spears wrapped in cheese
    crackers with jelly
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Chocolate chips on cheese pizza XD
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    When I was little, for snacks my mother would put butter, sugar, and cinnamon on a tortilla, then roll it up. It was like a churro, but not fried. Now, I go with peanut butter, honey, and cinnamon on a whole grain tortilla. A bit healthier.

Oh, and my favorite kind of pizza is blue cheese, olive, mushroom, and pepperoncini.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Or, peanut butter and chicken and sweet chili sauce and peppers on toast.

Sounds like do-it-yourself peanut satay sauce on a chicken sandwich. Yum!

A friend of mine had me try a dill pickle spear and a brownie at the same time once. I was pregnant, she was not. It was delish but I've never eaten it again.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    one side of a really flat lebanese style pita
    spread with raw ground meat that has been mixed with fine grain bulgur wheat and spices
    garnish with french fries, deep fried cauliflower, egg plant and left over salad

roll it up and YUM!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... Half of these are not weird at all! Toast, butter and peanut butter? Isn't that just normal? It certainly would be here in the UK.

I used to make peanut butter and dried apricot toasted sandwiches, which stank but tasted great.

I grew up with margarine on Weetabix, which everyone here thinks is weird. My upgrade to that is chocolate weetabix with cream cheese on it.

I am disappointed with myself for never having dipped fries in ice-cream. I guess I'd normally not have had the two on the table at once. Next time I'm out WITHOUT my son, I'll have to try that.
  • joaddict
    Options
    Peanut Butter on salt and vinegar snack a jacks
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Agree some of the things that in the US that appear weird are normal in the UK. Tomato ketchup with everything even your sunday lunch. Yorkshire puddings with jam (jelly) - standard staple over here.

My favourite is from the potaote snack wagon - jacket spud, chicken curry, cottage cheese and branston pickle or brown sauce if they are out of pickle. Only have this on my extreme workout days.

When we where young we use to dip plain salted crisps in chocolate sauce and mix rice crispies with lemon curd,also my mum use to make me sugar sandwiches. bread & butter sprinkled with granulated sugar, couldnt bear any of them now days, but when we where kids it was a real treat.
  • HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    a slice of cheese with either honey or maple syrup on it mmmm
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Forgot a few...

Frozen peas eaten while still frozen
    butter on crackers/tortilla chips
    my kids like to drink the "little milks", creamers, at restaurants
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    egg omelet with peanut butter and sliced bananas inside.
  • mkmacf
    mkmacf Posts: 101
    Options
    Peanut butter and jam sandwich with potato chips inside. Plain usually, but any flavour goes. Haven't had one of those in a while.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Forgot a few...

Frozen peas eaten while still frozen
    butter on crackers/tortilla chips
    my kids like to drink the "little milks", creamers, at restaurants

I used to eat butter on saltines in college because I was broke and that's all I could afford.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    when i was a kid, ruffles potato chips and ice cream
  • kt2134
    kt2134 Posts: 45
    Options
    Ketchup sandwiches. Haven't had one in 4 years maybe but when I was a little girl I used to live off of ketchup sandwiches
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I salt my pineapple.
  • SoxiMama
    Options
    doritos (HAS to be the original doritos though) and cream cheese. but rarely. its a serious comfort food for me now. when that comes out, you know something is going on. my friends used to make fun of me in high school, but every single one of them loved it once i made them try it.
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Is it weird if I opened this thread just to get ideas?

Not at all! That's why I'm reading this thread, hehe :)

I had a weird foods party once.. the coolest combination was bacon-wrapped dates, with an almond inside of the date. YUM! :) Someone else did "green eggs & ham" (boiled egg-halves with guacamole and bacon in them, served like a deviled egg).

Other cool combos:

- shredded cabbage & pasta sauce (makes a great low-cal pasta!)
    - chicken strips battered with crushed PB Captain Crunch - idea from an appetizer at Planet Hollywood, YUMMMM!
    - Shredded coconut with cocoa powder mixed in.
    - Potato sandwiches - leftover baked potato on bread with mayo, salt & pepper

I also really love cold spaghetti :)
  • mysti00
    Options
    Everything is better on a tortilla... including spagetti, hamburger helper, mozz sticks, ect...