Master Cleans)

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have done the master cleanse a couple times a few years ago, I too had great results with it as mentioned the drink (water, lemonade, maple syrup (grade B)and pepper) is all the nutrients you need in fact when I did it I never was hungry the drink and water or tea no sugar on occasions was fine. The problem is not keeping up with good eating habits once off the cleanse which is with anything.

Today I am inspired to give juicing vegies and fruits after watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead this is a very inspiring documentary everyone should see it.

Michelle
  • corinnarose
    Options
    I have done the cleanse before. I did not do the salt water flushes however... I worked while doing it and I work in a restaurant, so that was very difficult. But the effects were managable while working for me at least.

As far as those who say there is no need to cleanse because our bodies are designed to do that on their own, I do agree to an extent, if we ate clean, raw diets are bodies would do just fine. But because we eat processed foods that our bodies were not designed to break down and digest our bodies are in need of cleansing from time to time. I don't think 10 days is necessary all the time, but if you can stick it out your body will be thankful. There are many cleanses out there, so choose the one that feels right to you! Just listen to your body, it will tell you if it is too much!

Remember when you are done you cannot go back to eating the way you were before, you have to ease back into food and start making the right choices so you don't get back to where you are now!

Good luck and if you do it make sure to let us know how you do! ;)
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    How about other cleanses? I've heard about ones where you eat organic fruits and veggies (raw only, I think) and water - no animal products, no added sodium, etc. Has anyone tried those? Or any others? I've always been tempted by the idea of a cleanse, but the Master Cleanse doesn't sound like something I could survive. Not with a full time job and three kids!!!