Help me out here...

Options
I have been faithfully on the plan and exercising, but my weight doesn't seem to be dropping as quickly as I had hoped or would like. I have been sticking to my 1200 cal per day and exercising 45 min (treadmill) daily. I am making super healthy choices.

I have not been eating my exercise calories, as I am not sure why I should eat more when I work so hard to burn them off.

I am looking for some extra tips from those that have had amazing success. And should I be eating these exercise calories or just leave them?:huh:

Replies

• Mommy2Girls
    Options
    I have been faithfully on the plan and exercising, but my weight doesn't seem to be dropping as quickly as I had hoped or would like. I have been sticking to my 1200 cal per day and exercising 45 min (treadmill) daily. I am making super healthy choices.

I have not been eating my exercise calories, as I am not sure why I should eat more when I work so hard to burn them off.

I am looking for some extra tips from those that have had amazing success. And should I be eating these exercise calories or just leave them?:huh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I . And should I be eating these exercise calories or just leave them?:huh:

THE site says eat them..some here say dont....change your deal for a change...try it...what do you have to lose? eating the exercise calories has worked very well for me..good luck
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    eat them.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I . And should I be eating these exercise calories or just leave them?:huh:

THE site says eat them..some here say dont....change your deal for a change...try it...what do you have to lose? eating the exercise calories has worked very well for me..good luck
    I agree, your body needs them, the site already creates a deficite for you, for me to maintain my weight I have to eat 2000 cals without exercise, to loose without exercise I'm allowed 1500, so when you exercise you are burning calories your body needs, so you need to eat them or your body thinks it's starving, does that make sense?
  • marisa0918
    Options
    So think about it this way.....if you are on the treadmill 45 mins a day you burn what like 300 calories (just a guess)....you are only eating 1200 calories a day and not eating your exercise calories sooo you are actaully only eating 900 calories a day (1200 - 300 you burned) . That is way too low. When I first started I did the same thing and got well some results, but they were short lived and I actaully gained 10 pounds back. I have since upped my calories to 1450 and eat my exercise calories well I might have a few left over but not many AND I have LOST 2 pounds just this week. I know it is hard to believe that by eating more you will lose, but YOU WILL. By only eating 1200 calories a day there is not way that you can eat 6 balanced meals a day which you should.

Also another tip you may want to add some strength training in with you routine.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    try eating them for a week and see what happens.
    as far as i know, people who have been eating them have been having amazing success

good luck!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Eat up!! Try it and see. I struggled with it for a long time too! Just make sure you are eating good foods and you will see results! I've lost 5# in the last 6 weeks from eating MORE. :bigsmile: It really does work!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Sounds like you need to crank up the metabolism, maybe increase the intensity in your exercise might help.

I wish I had your probem. I can't wait for my next meal...my stomach is usually growling every two hours or so and I look forward to feeding it.

Some days you can be under on your calories and other days you may want to be over on your calories to confuse your body and help get the metabolism going that way also.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    First, you should always, always eat your exercise calories. If you could be healthy and have a bigger caloric deficit, the site would give a bigger deficit. You can't, it's not how our bodies work.

2nd, I wonder whether you are at the right deficit. 1200 calories is a low amount for most people, it's about right for someone who is around 5'3" and smaller and usually around 50 lbs over weight. I'm not saying it's not where you should be, but if you only have 30 some odd pounds to lose, what are you setting your weekly goal at? If you say 2 lbs, I would probably say that's too much. there are some very real reasons why this is the case, and rather then go into them all (I've done that in the posts below); I'll give you a link to the posts that describe why your body needs a certain amount of calories. I know these posts are long, but really, a couple of hundred words isn't that bad if you learn about why your body is doing what it is doing, right?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Best luck to you,

-Banks
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight.....feed your machine.

Also, 45 minutes on the treadmill is tremendous, but what is your heartrate during those 45 minutes? If you are not breaking a sweat in those 45 minues, ramping up your exercise routine will help you shed those pounds.

Also keep in mind that you do not want to lose more than 1-2 pounds per week. Now, I know it sucks, because we all want instant results - but the faster you lose it, the quicker you put it back on.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Options
    Thanks!! Well, I will give it a go!!! And I will also add in some strength training every other day or so and see what happens. I am feeling 100 times better so far, so I am hoping it will only get way better from here!!
  • scrappy11
    Options
    EAT THEM..trust me it helps!