New to eating so much fiber......gas question

Options
2»

Replies

• catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    @ Ali! I"m sending you Beano for your Christmas stocking! Did you peak?
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I was unable to learn to toot on demand. I wanted to just so I could answer my husband when he spoke!

^^^^ THIS! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    :blushing:

I am having an embarrassing amount of gas and I wonder if it is from eating so much fiber? If so, once my body gets used to the fiber intake will the gas calm down a bit? I also have some serious heart burn and wonder if it is the same thing? I just don't want it to effect my every day life. I spend a lot of time in strangers homes as a professional and can not imagine having the gas like I have had. I can see it also effecting my sex life too. :wink:

Any feedback is appreciated!

Google "prevention Fire Water" or "Prevention Sassy Water".
    Drink 8-10 glasses of it in place of your water each day for a week.
    Thats what fixed my issue.

Oh...I can clear an entire building after eating 1 peanut!
    So...I dont eat peanuts!
    2cents!
    =D
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the responses! I will have to look for Bean-0 or Gas X when I make my weekly drive to Walmart. I thought I was doing a good and healthy thing by eating Fiber One bread. After this loaf is gone I will try another brand of bread perhaps.

And thanks for the laughs! My husband is weird when it comes to gas. He has never once let one go in front of me. He always steps outside or goes into another room. I am from a family where we let it fly and laugh. He does not get the humor in gas. :noway:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Beano and friends are good for on the spot help.
    Regulation is another thing.
    Its like taking tums because you have heartburn.
    Its only a temp fix for symptoms.
    By ingesting ginger and spices you will regulate your Lower GI.
    If you really want to help yourself, get Colon Health Probiotic pills.
    Take 1 with each meal for 30 days.

Look into the Fire Water too.
    Its fun to make and it tastes pretty good!
    The fresh ginger in it will help regulate lower GI and soothe any stomach issues!