Need to loose inches in arms plz help?

Ok so I have two different workouts that I do. One app I have on my cell its a daily workout for arms and the other is Shpresa's total body double pump video. I will be starting Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shed as soon as I get it in the mail but for now I need help. I measured myself a over a month ago everywhere I've lost over 4 inches on my belly and a few everywhere else but my arms for some reason are not moving at all I'm stuck at 14.5 inches I hate having flabby arms. Please any one with a good work out for me please let me know I want these arms GONE!!!

THANKS!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• insane4train
    insane4train Posts: 58 Member
    With all the arm workouts you might be replacing the fat with muscle so there is not much change is size.
  • AliciaV30
    AliciaV30 Posts: 147 Member
    I would love if that were the case but believe me its not muscle when I measure its flab just hanging there lol I can wave my arm fat its nasty to me I need something.
  • insane4train
    Are you doing both bicep and tricep exercises?
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Some people just naturally store a lot of fat on the arms, others the belly, others the butt and hips. Most people have a place that just seems to be the first place that fat is stored. It is also typically the one that holds the most and is slowest to get rid of it. You will notice fat loss in other locations quickly and that one spot will just seem to have the fat linger.

For me, it is belly fat.

In time even the favored fat pouch will get smaller as you burn more and more fat off. The only real answer is P & P (patience and persistence).

So stick a sane manageable caloric deficit and keep doing a combo of cardio and resistence training. You will get there.
  • AliciaV30
    Yep I do both. I don't do barbells though I use 3 pound weights right now I have 10 pound weights too that I just got but damn I am weak lol. I don't have access to a gym right now so have to work with what I have.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    I have the same problem!
    I was recently told to lift lighter weights but wayy more reps.... For example I lift 12.5 lb dumbbells for bench press and do about 25-30 reps for 3 sets.... Where as I can usually barbell bench about 120 lbs for only 10 reps.... But this is what I was told to do for slimmer more toned arms. You can try it as well, I just recently started so I haven't checked my results yet.

I mean this in the nicest way possible: You were given really awful advice. I would go back to your 10 rep sets of heavier weights.
  • Sidesteal
    And I'll even change my .avi from cute baby pic to flexy arm pic with no shirt just in case it makes you listen to me, to steer you away from the crappy advice you were given.
  • insane4train
    you don't always have to go to a gym. hell i have curled grocery sacks before. There are alot of possibilites out there. You could try some chair dips.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Try incorporating Tae Bo Ripped Extreme into your workout. You can view a clip on collagevideo.com.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/billy-blanks-tae-bo-ripped-extreme-6033
  • Sidesteal
    Oh no! Reallyyy??

But I have found that my arms just get increasingly huge from muscle, I don't want the big manly body builder look haha, its the skinny minnie toned, like i want haha. So lifting heavier weights will actually tone n slim the arms??

You will lose muscle and fat while eating at a caloric deficit. Your goal in this process is to retain as much lean mass as possible so that when you lose weight, the majority comes from fat and not from lean muscle. The end result will be a slim but "fit" looking physique that men will want to eat with a spoon.

Lifting heavy combined with adequate food intake (calories and macros) will greatly improve your chances of saving as much muscle as you can.

Do the opposite, and you will lose weight and end up with very little definition because as you lose fat, you lose muscle along with it.

This is a generalized explanation.
  • insane4train
    I wish i had the gene that women do. You know the one where they touch a weight and they get hugely ripped. haha lol
  • AliciaV30
    Some people just naturally store a lot of fat on the arms, others the belly, others the butt and hips. Most people have a place that just seems to be the first place that fat is stored. It is also typically the one that holds the most and is slowest to get rid of it. You will notice fat loss in other locations quickly and that one spot will just seem to have the fat linger.

For me, it is belly fat.

In time even the favored fat pouch will get smaller as you burn more and more fat off. The only real answer is P & P (patience and persistence).

So stick a sane manageable caloric deficit and keep doing a combo of cardio and resistence training. You will get there.

That probably is true I've lost a crap load of weight before and it seems as though my arms were the last to go I hate myself for getting back up on the scale but I am 20 pounds lighter then when I was huge before at least this time I have a reason lol PREGNANCY LOL
  • Sidesteal

Well then, I'm very glad I ran into you on this thread! haha, I'll take your word for it and switch my routine back to the heavier weights, as well as watch my food intake. Thanks a bunchh!!

You're welcome, and 120lb x10 bench press for a woman is very impressive.
  • insane4train

For me, it is belly fat.

That probably is true I've lost a crap load of weight before and it seems as though my arms were the last to go I hate myself for getting back up on the scale but I am 20 pounds lighter then when I was huge before at least this time I have a reason lol PREGNANCY LOL

Congrats on the baby
  • AliciaV30

For me, it is belly fat.

Congrats on the baby

AW THANKS!
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    IMHO - Once you start doing more than 12 reps, you are using weights for endurance training. You aren't really building any strength just muscle endurance. This does little in stimulating the metabolism in the recovery process, a significant way that strength training boosts your resting metabolism.

When it comes to lifting, gender doesn't matter. Building new muscle tissue is very hard work that requires a plan and strict discipline in your diet.

Honestly, hypertrophy primarily occurs in the 8 to 12 rep range with a challenging weight. Do this, add a caloric surplus, get plenty of sleep, and find some pharmacological assistance of questionable legality, then you may look like a competitive bodybuilder in about 24 months.

If you still have a phobia about getting all huge and freaky looking, then I recommend using the power-lifting philosophy. If you look at power-lifters, they are nowhere freaky looking like bodyvbuilders. They are just really strong and healthy looking. Lift heavy after you are warmed up. Your working sets should be in the 4 to 6 rep range. You will get stronger. Your lifting will be much more fun because you now have goals to work toward, rather than "OK, now I have done my 4th set of 25 reps with the pink dumbbells. Now what?". Oh yeah. The muscle recovery process from this is great for the metabolism.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Oh no! Reallyyy??

But I have found that my arms just get increasingly huge from muscle, I don't want the big manly body builder look haha, its the skinny minnie toned, like i want haha. So lifting heavier weights will actually tone n slim the arms??

You will lose muscle and fat while eating at a caloric deficit. Your goal in this process is to retain as much lean mass as possible so that when you lose weight, the majority comes from fat and not from lean muscle. The end result will be a slim but "fit" looking physique that men will want to eat with a spoon.

Lifting heavy combined with adequate food intake (calories and macros) will greatly improve your chances of saving as much muscle as you can.

Do the opposite, and you will lose weight and end up with very little definition because as you lose fat, you lose muscle along with it.

" The end result will be a slim but "fit" looking physique that men will want to eat with a spoon. " .... YOU just convinced me ! LOL ! Love it ! :)
  • I wish i had the gene that women do. You know the one where they touch a weight and they get hugely ripped. haha lol

lmao. Hey, some of us are actually scared on that! :happy: My weight stores in my arms and I cringe when people say lift heavy weights. However, I have incorporated strength training now since cardio isn't working.
  • thecrossfitter
    thecrossfitter Posts: 424 Member
    Oh no! Reallyyy??

I just wanted to second (or third or fourth?) this! Muscle doesn't make you look bulky - fat makes you look bulky! I've been training with heavy weights for 4 months now :) (and HIIT type stuff as well). I've been researching this stuff A LOT and trying it out on myself. And seriously, nothing makes me feel more confidant than being able to deadlift 165lbs (my current mid term goal is 225! ...I don't say long term because I'm in this for life!)
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Awesome!! LOL
    I wish i had the gene that women do. You know the one where they touch a weight and they get hugely ripped. haha lol